stopped oscillating | Dyson Community
Solved

stopped oscillating

• 6 January 2022
  • 4 replies

My Hot Cold Pure fan has stopped oscillating, how do I fix it?

(Edited by moderator – tags added and question moved to ‘Controlling your machine’ category)

icon

Best answer by Stuart 10 January 2022, 09:43

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@Cammii I might be able to answer this. I had this exact issue on one of my machines.

I contact CS and they ran me through the controls. Turned out that my remote needed a new battery. 

They had me check that I can still control it using the App. I assume if you can’t control it using the App then it indicates a fault...

Have you tried changing the battery? Can you change the oscillation in the App?

Charlie. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Cammii Thanks for posting a question. 

@Charliebrown is right. If you are able to control the machine through the app, it would indicate an issue with the physical remote. Either replacing the battery or the remote itself would solve this. 

If you were unable to control the oscillation through both the app controls and the physical remote, it would indicate that there is an error on the PCB (Printed Circuit Board) and an exchange / repair would be best.

I can see from your account that you are in the UK. If you could please contact our local WhatsApp channel, explaining to them our conversation, a member of the Customer Service team will be able to offer further support. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and start a WhatsApp conversation.

Thanks, 

Stuart

Thank you, I'm actually in Australia not UK. I will find a service centre and get it serviced. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Cammii 

My mistake. Sorry about that. 

If you’ve not already reached out, you can get in touch with our AUS customer support team directly via their Facebook Messenger channel. They will run you through the next steps. 

Thanks, 

Stuart