360 Heurist - Wandering robot - Direct cleaning? | Dyson Community
Solved

360 Heurist - Wandering robot - Direct cleaning?

• 28 February 2023
  • 3 replies

• Rookie Member
  • 1 reply

Can I make my robotic vacuum cleaner take a direct route from its base to the room to be cleaned?  At the moment it sets off and wanders around the hall before going into the chosen room to clean.

(Moderation Edit - Tags Added/Updated Category) 

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 1 March 2023, 00:44

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

3 replies

Hi @GEM 

Yes. Although this features only available on the 360 heurist.

You first need to have mapped the floor space, then divided the map into what Dyson call “zones”. From there it’s easy to direct it to start in one location or even to just vacuum area by area.  

Here’s the snapshot of the Zones I have.

There a walkthrough guide I followed when setting this up the first time around. Read their Mapping the home post. 

Pete. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hey @GEM 

Thanks for raising this issue. If your Robot seems to be “wandering” or getting lost, or even bumping into furniture or other obstacles, you may just need to clean the sensor on your machine. This article should provide some useful tips for you: Cleaning your Robot and the sensor.

For any further help after this, please get in touch via our local WhatsApp channel, where one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and start a WhatsApp conversation.  If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page.

Best wishes,

Thank you. I have a 360 Heurist. I have mapped the house and designated zones ( kitchen, hall etc ) so the machine does go from its base to (eg) the kitchen. However to get to the kitchen it first wanders around the hall. It does not go there in a direct manner. The kitchen is almost next to the base which is in the hall.

It does the same going to some of the other rooms.