Anybody feel like their airwrap just stopped being effective? | Dyson Community
Solved

Anybody feel like their airwrap just stopped being effective?

• 12 November 2022
  • 4 replies

I have had my Dyson airwrap just under a year. When I first got it it worked amazing, giving me big bouncy blows, great curls etc. It used to flash red then cut out but filter was always clean but it works perfectly fine now but it just seems to do nothing to my hair other than dry it, even then it’s not smooth and still frizzy. Anyone else had this problem? 

Edited by moderator – Tag amended/added

icon

Best answer by Dyson Community Moderator 17 November 2022, 19:50

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi 

Our Salon almost exclusively uses Supersonics, but we’ve seen and heard this before. It isn’t usually the result of the appliance. In our experience, it’s a mixture of weather, hair products and over washing. 

We’ve found that any change in routine, no matter how minor, can affect your hair’s style, hold, durability and health. Sometimes for the better. It does usually settle down within two to three weeks. 

Have you changed heating spray or protector? These usually help to hold the fizz at bay?

Sally 😀

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello @kayleighjade27 

We’re sorry to hear that you’ve begun to have some issues with using your Airwrap. Are you still having trouble with the power/red flashing light, or just an issue with having your hair hold a style?

As always, we can help with any advice here, but you can also get in touch via our local WhatsApp channel, where one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and start a WhatsApp conversation.

If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page.

@kellym I have tried everything, and it used to work but now seems to do nothing other than dry my hair and blow air. The light doesn’t seem to be a problem anymore or sometimes it lights up but the filter doesn’t even seem to be any dust in there. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @kayleighjade27,

Hmm, sounds unusual for sure. We’d want to get some further information to help with any product troubleshooting. Please get in touch via our local WhatsApp channel, where one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and start a WhatsApp conversation.