My Dyson Airwrap is making the room foggy | Dyson Community
Solved

My Dyson Airwrap is making the room foggy

• 23 December 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi all! I recently purchased the new Dyson Airwrap and I’ve been using it over a month. Every time I use the curling attachments the room becomes quite foggy. I’ve brought in my air purifier and it registers over 600 (usually it’s around 10-30). I’m assuming this is from the product I have on my hair being dispersed through the Dyson… does anyone have a similar experience? I’m a bit worried it’s not very healthy… 

(Edited by moderator – Tags added/Title amended)

icon

Best answer by DavidTaylor 24 December 2022, 08:00

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Heyyyy! 

Oh yes! Almost daily 🤣! One of our girls has an airwrap that we all use just for curling!! It’s so quick, especially with the different size barrels! It does take some getting use to, it’s completely unlike anything else we’ve used before.

Just like any other curler, if your hairs too wet, they’ll steam. Try using the dryer attachment and don’t forget to put some heat protector on 🥰!! 

Sally and the team!

Heyyyy! 

Oh yes! Almost daily 🤣! One of our girls has an airwrap that we all use just for curling!! It’s so quick, especially with the different size barrels! It does take some getting use to, it’s completely unlike anything else we’ve used before.

Just like any other curler, if your hairs too wet, they’ll steam. Try using the dryer attachment and don’t forget to put some heat protector on 🥰!! 

Sally and the team!

Yes. When my hair is more wet. I dry it more or else it might steam. More when I foam spray mousse and leave.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi. 

I wouldn’t usually leave a comment against a discussion on Dyson hair appliances, this isn’t an area that I have any experience with, either their operation or design. 

I do however believe I can add a little context and possibly provide a solution to what you’re experiencing.

What I suspect you’re encountering is the evaporation of water molecules in your hair. This evaporation can be caused by several factors, all of which should be easily rectified. Some are environmental, whilst the others are user controlled. 

The local air temperature - If the local air temperature is colder than that of the surface of your hair or there is a colder breeze being carried into the space, by applying heat to your hair, steam vapours will be more readily seen. This is similar to exiting the shower room and seeing steam coming off of exposed skin. I suggest increasing the room temperate and monitoring if this makes a difference. 

The application of more heat than is necessary - When water is heated it evaporates, which means it turns into vapour. This is akin to that which @SalonSally advised. Whereas an excess of water and a high heat will make this more visible. 

The heating of a substance other than water - In the occasion where you’ve introduced a substance such as an oil, by heating this alongside that of the water, it may evaporate leaving an adore. I suspect this is why you’ve seen an increase in the air quality with the purifier. It is being detected on a particulate level and it is reacting accordingly. 

If I may make three suggestions. Try removing more of the liquids from your hair before using the applicator, start with a lower heat and where an oil or other substance is used, do not do so in any excess.

David.