Supersonic - Airflow | Dyson Community

Supersonic - Airflow

• 27 November 2022
  • 4 replies

My hair dryer just gives ‘puffs’ of cool air, I have reviewed the settings and can’t figure out if this is normal or not.

(Edited by moderator – Tags added) 

Dyson Community Moderator 1 year ago

Hey @Ladysmommy,

Is this happening during normal use or when you use the cool shot? If during cool shot use, you’ll need to hold that down to keep the air flowing. If you just press the cool shot button and let go, it would just sort of “puff” a cool blast of air, but not remain on. If you need help troubleshooting, you can do that right on the Dyson website here. If the issue is something else that using cool shot, let us know and we’ll be glad to help!

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hey @Ladysmommy,

Is this happening during normal use or when you use the cool shot? If during cool shot use, you’ll need to hold that down to keep the air flowing. If you just press the cool shot button and let go, it would just sort of “puff” a cool blast of air, but not remain on. If you need help troubleshooting, you can do that right on the Dyson website here. If the issue is something else that using cool shot, let us know and we’ll be glad to help!

No, it does it all the time

Hiya! I must have been one of the first to own the Dyson hairdryer! Never had this issue!! Very strange! Have you checked or cleaned the filter!? 

How to clean the filter on your Dyson Supersonic™ hair dryer

(Edited by moderator – Link to filter wash video added)

thank you