Which heat and airflow setting should I set my Supersonic to? | Dyson Community
Solved

Which heat and airflow setting should I set my Supersonic to?

• 24 November 2022
  • 4 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

Hey all! I have very fine, long hair. Does anyone have any recommendations or info on which heat and airflow setting I should be setting my Supersonic to, that suits my hair type? 

Any advice would be much appreciated!! 😊

Thanks!

Sophie

(Edited by moderator – Tags added) 

icon

Best answer by SalonSally 25 November 2022, 10:49

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

OMG Yes!!

The settings we use are SOOO closely tied to our client's hair type and the look/style they want to achieve! Is there a look/style you're after? Waves? Volume? Natural flicks? 

We have so much to say on this.

If you’re after a faster dry, with a quick style, the higher the better! Max out both the heat and airflow.

If you’re diffusing tangles or frizz, low and slow! Lowest heat with the lowest airflow. 

If you have time and want to get the look right, use the medium settings. with a shot of cool air at the end to set it in place. 

We love this GRWM video. It might offer some inspiration 😍

Team Sally!

I love Sally. Always best videos to share. 😘

There is option on here for style - Dyson Supersonic™ hair dryer - Styling guides

They at Dyson shared control to help as extra - Dyson Supersonic™ hair dryer - Key controls

I love our familiy supersonic. Always great at dying.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi there @Smiley9501,

Thanks for getting in touch!  It looks like you were provided some great tips and suggestions, for getting the most out of your Dyson styler.  However, please don’t hesitate to let us know if further support is needed in this area.  We hope you’re loving the results from your styler and appreciate your support of Dyson technology!   

Thank you soooo much all! This was super helpful :) I didn’t even realise you should use different heat and airflow settings for different styles. I’ve been doing loads of experimenting with different styles on my hair. My hair is quite thin and doesn’t have much volume so if anyone has any tips for creating volume I’d be super grateful!