Is your TP04 Pure Cool very Cool? | Dyson Community
Solved

Is your TP04 Pure Cool very Cool?

• 31 December 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi everyone, 

My TP04 Pure Cool just arrived. Was super excited to get it but to be honest I haven’t had the best experience because my first unit was faulty and it’s taken over a month to get my second unit. I turned it on (and it works.. yay!) but it’s not as cool/cold as I thought it would be.

The advertising looks a like it cools down a whole room but it hasn’t made a difference in mine yet. How effective do you find yours? Do you need to sit right in front of it?

Thanks, Maree

icon

Best answer by Dyson Community Moderator 31 December 2021, 18:02

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello Maree,

Thanks for posting a question. 

Dyson have a very stringent quality control which usually identify any such errors before leaving our factory. I am sorry to read that in your case this hadn’t happened. Though I am glad to hear that the replacement has now arrived.  

Our Purifiers & fans do not have Freon, so they are not an air conditioner. Dyson fans use Air Multiplier technology to create a powerful stream of uninterrupted airflow.

The air is accelerated through an annular aperture, creating a high-velocity jet of air. This passes over an air foil-shaped ramp, channelling its direction and creating areas of low pressure behind and around the fan. The change in pressure forces surrounding air to be drawn into the airflow, resulting in a powerful stream of smooth cooling air. 

The Purifiers are designed for whole room purification and direct personal cooling. 

There are a couple of articles in the knowledge base that should help you get the best our of your machine.

1. Keeping your purifier performing at its best
  2. What size room will the machine purify?

I hope this helps to answer your question.