Purifier doesn't connect to Google Home any more - Help! | Dyson Community
Solved

Purifier doesn't connect to Google Home any more - Help!

Userlevel 1

My previously connected Dyson Pure Humidify+Cool™ PH01 (White/Silver) started showing as “offline” in Google Home app a few weeks ago, and I tried to reconnect Dyson app to Google home, resetting the purifier and re-adding it to the Dyson app, and now when I’m trying to add Dyson app to Google home it says “Dyson linked” first and then “Something went wrong, please try again” and nothing is added.

Is this something to do with the device or Google home?

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 7 April 2023, 21:21

View original

13 replies

Having same issue since yesterday. I have the tp09. I think it is with some updates from Dyson that broke the connection.

I tried unlinking Dyson fan relinking can't get it to link back to google home / assistant.

Used to happened before last year where I could just relink and it will work all over again. Now it's been over a day and doesn't… Probably can only wait for Dyson to do an update since they didn't reply yet.

Same here. I checked the Dyson store (Android), the last version change was on the 6th March. I use auto update, so should have been on that version for a while now.

Checking the google website, they’ve suggest a set up error and to try these steps:

1. Switch the phone you're using the Google Home app on to airplane mode.
  2. Manually turn on Wi-Fi (but only Wi-Fi).
  3. Open the Google Home app and set up like usual.
  4. Open the Google Home app on your phone or tablet.
  5. Tap the Settings (gear symbol) icon and scroll to the bottom.

I’m not back home until later tonight, so can’t give this a go. Does it work for either of you? 

Kirby.

Hi there everyone. 

I can confirm the Dyson App was last updated on the 6th March across both our iOS and Android stores.  

We do have some help/instructional articles that could help diagnose if this issue is Dyson server side or with Google.

I’d suggest starting with our Google Assistant - Knowledge Base section. This has key curated topics covering connection, the Dyson App and examples commands. 

The Common questions section in particular has these two articles that could help: 

1. Google Assistant didn't respond to my command, what can I do?
  2. Why won't Google Home app discover my machine?

Best Wishes

Shaqeela

Userlevel 1

Love to see “Community Moderator” not even bothered to read the post and just paste boilerplate links.

w.r.t. troubleshooting on the Google Home end, this is likely a bad push on Dyson’s end that messed up the API. March 6th sounds like around when I started seeing the sporadic “offline” status in Google Home for the purifier. Was this an update for the firmware?

Dyson App is working really well with Google Home these past years except it started having assistant issues yesterday. Assistant can't reach my machine/app. Here are steps that I did:

1. I unlinked and relinked the Dyson app but Google does not recognize my fans anymore when I give out commands. 

2.Next that I did was to remove the Dyson app from Google home and add it again. Nope, won't let me, I keep receiving an error saying 'Could not reach Dyson. Please try again' I have been trying until now to no avail.

I called Google and was told to add a new home and do step 2 again... did not work. I uninstalled home and reinstalled then did Step 2 again. Did not work. Google triaged me to someone from Dyson... resolution not related to issue and we keep going in circles, not understanding my problem. 

3. Now... I tried to troubleshoot by updating my Dyson app password, waited 30 mins... and still, did not work.

What seems to be the problem, Dyson?? I am stuck.

Same here. I checked the Dyson store (Android), the last version change was on the 6th March. I use auto update, so should have been on that version for a while now.

Checking the google website, they’ve suggest a set up error and to try these steps:

I’m not back home until later tonight, so can’t give this a go. Does it work for either of you? 

Kirby.

Tried this didnt work for me unfortunately. Would it make sense to claim for warranty actually?

Userlevel 1

Okay so if the update is to the mobile apps and not the firmware then that probably isn’t the cause for this issue. If you haven’t noticed when you link your MyDyson account on Google Home it asks you to log in on a browser and gets your machine info from there, and most likely maintains an API to manage the machines directly. Further proven by the fact that it doesn’t require you to even have the MyDyson app on your phone when you link it on Google Home App.

Again appreciate it but really no need with the boilerplate links, link 1 has nothing to do with the post, link 2 is like “have you tried doing step 1 again even though you got an error at step 5”. You can’t “diagnose this issue” if you don’t understand what the issue is.

Same issue, when trying to link Google Home with my account. 

FYI: brand new phone, new account, new Google Home - I tried every suggestion but I keep getting the error "could not connect to Dyson" after authorisation option. 

I have 4 dyson fan heaters all were fine and stable still connected to the Dyson app but all said offline on google home . As my whole house is smart and voice controlled it’s somewhat annoying! . I have removed from google home but when I try to re link it’s says Dyson linked and then says something went wrong ! Anybody got a solution ? Thanks 

Kirby.

Tried this didnt work for me unfortunately. Would it make sense to claim for warranty actually?

I lucked out on this also. Warranty claim wouldn’t resolve anything, especially if the issue is Google side and not Dyson. 

Google did an OTA upgrade on the 28th March Google speaker and display firmware versions and release notes - Google Nest Help

Dyson’s last update was on the 6th March. I’d be leaning towards the issue being on Google’s side, rather than Dyson.

Reading their recent community posts, it looks like a lot of apps aren’t working. Home - Google Nest Community

It is working fine now for me today. Manage to linked it.