Dyson 360 Vis Nav laser sensors | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson 360 Vis Nav laser sensors

• 13 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Hello,

since your robot has a class 1 laser categorization that for whatever reason no reviewer is aware of i want to know if all the additional sensors are laser class.

From what i can tell and the looks they all are but i want to be sure that your long range wall tracking sensor is actually a 1D LDS.

Thank you

icon

Best answer by Jack 15 April 2024, 14:17

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @frickhelm,

The Dyson 360 Vis Nav™ robot has a suite of 26 sensors - in addition to it’s panoramic vision system - which help it understand the environment around it, and to navigate effectively around the home. The sensors include -

• An Optical Flow Sensor which works with a pedometer in the wheels of the machine, to allow the robot to track its distance more accurately and avoid getting lost.
  • 6 drop sensors underneath the robot to help it to avoid any steps or stairs it shouldn’t go down. They also help the robot reverse further than before, allowing it to get off obstacles it might not be able to climb.
  • Hi Fidelity bump sensors which divide the bumper into five zones, so that the robot can detect which zone the obstacle is in and increase accuracy of maps.

Further to this, I can confirm all of the Dyson 360 Vis Nav™ robot’s distance sensors and Time of Flight sensor use Class 1 lasers. They do not pose any eye safety risk.