Dyson Robot 360 - Possible battery issues | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson Robot 360 - Possible battery issues

• 22 March 2023
  • 7 replies

im arguing with myself here but i think i know the answers.  Recently my 360 has began to stop for no reason saying it needed to return to dock.  If i run a small zone, it will sound as if it is trying to go to max but then dropping down to quiet.  I've cleaned the filters and although the battery indicator is full and showing charging when it should. I suspect the battery is shot.  anyone experienced this?

(Moderation Edit - Tags Added)

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 22 March 2023, 15:57

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

7 replies

Mmm I’d be inclined to agree. The battery might be on it’s way out. It would explain the lack of running time before a recharge.

You mentioned the increase/decrease in noise. It’s not running in the highest power mode is it? Can you set it to a lower mode? Robot's cleaning modes | Dyson Community.

Mmm I’d be inclined to agree. The battery might be on it’s way out. It would explain the lack of running time before a recharge.

You mentioned the increase/decrease in noise. It’s not running in the highest power mode is it? Can you set it to a lower mode? Robot's cleaning modes | Dyson Community.

It’s set at max in the app.  But doesn’t stay on max now.  It used to.  It defaults to quiet.  I’m thinking it’s clever enough to realise max will deplete what’s left in the battery

The battery has to be the cause. How old is it? 

You could give the machine an overhaul, they say washing the filters etc on the stick vacs help with prolonging battery life. Maybe it has the same effect on the robots? 

Unfortunately a new battery didn’t fix the issue.  I put it away and forgot all about it

Unfortunately a new battery didn’t fix the issue.  I put it away and forgot all about it

Maybe an internal/software fault. Have you tried to factory reset it and download the software patch manually? 

Power Cycling/Restarting/Resetting' the robot | Dyson Community

Viewing your robot's software information | Dyson Community