Reboot every time i use it | Dyson Community
Solved

Reboot every time i use it

• 13 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Had my robot since October.  After initial mapping and zoning issues finally is working.  However every time I go to use it via my phone app the ‘connection is lost’ and the suggested reboot by taking the robot off the dock for 30secs and replacing doesn’t work either.  I have to power off and power on then put on the dock.  This happens every time, very frustrating.  I’m loathe to ring support, last time I did that I had a scheduled call which didn’t happen (after taking time off work to be home).

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 13 January 2024, 16:31

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

2 replies

Hi @mrsmusk, thanks for your post. We found two helpful articles that will help pin point the cause. Please visit the links below:

I understand your frustration. The following steps can help resolve connectivity issues.

Forget and Re-Add the Robot to the App: In your app, remove your robot from the connected devices list. Then, go through the initial setup process again, treating it as a new device. This can refresh the connection.

Some devices like baby monitors or microwaves can interfere with Wi-Fi signals. Temporarily turn off devices near the robot and router to see if it resolves the issue.

Your final resort is hard reset. Unlike a simple power cycle, a hard reset clears all temporary data and settings. Consult your robot's manual for the specific instructions (model and brand vary).