Why isn't my Dyson robot returning to its dock? | Dyson Community
Solved

Why isn't my Dyson robot returning to its dock?

• 23 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi, 

I’ve had the Vis Nav for nearly a week now, and it astounds me how something so expensive could be so bad. I live in a 60m2 flat, and it hasn't been able to complete a clean of the entire place on 3 attempts, regularly gets lost and returns to base. This morning, while attempting another clean, it did two rooms, then went to base. I tried again with the two zones it missed; it cleaned one and decided it didn’t want to bother with the other. Now, I'm trying to clean the last zone, but it won’t even leave the dock.

What should I do?

Is the firmware going to improve?

Should I just return it now?

(Moderation edit  - title updated)

icon

Best answer by Jack 28 February 2024, 15:48

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

3 replies

This is a common issue which arises due to the robot facing blockage. Try cleaning the robot and looking for any object that might be interfering with it. Hope this helps. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @doogleberry,

Welcome to the Dyson Community, and thanks for letting us know about this.

It sounds like your robot may benefit from being allowed to complete its mapping session once again. You can find some more information on the mapping process here:

Ensuring the sensors are clean is also an important step, as dust or debris on the sensors can prevent the robot from accurately seeing and detecting the environment around it:

If you’re confident you’ve tried this and aren’t seeing any improvement, our Dyson Customer Care experts in your region will need to take you through some simple diagnostic checks to pinpoint the cause. If a repair or a replacement is needed, they’ll be able to organise this under your free 2-year Dyson guarantee.

The quickest way to get in touch is to visit Dyson.com and click the round purple button to launch the Dyson Digital Assistant. Then click the agent icon in the bottom left corner of the chat window to start a live chat conversation with our Customer Care team. 

We'll look forward to speaking with you and getting this resolved!

We have had a 360 for approx 3.mnths, almost never returns to base, have tried everything, my advice return it and buy a dream