Solarcycle Morph Floorlight how to access "Boost" mode | Dyson Community
Question

Solarcycle Morph Floorlight how to access "Boost" mode

Good evening to the community,

First time poster but long time lurker on here!

I'm wondering if someone could give me some direction with my Solarcycle Morph Floor Light, I've seen in a few publications from Dyson that the lights feature a "boost" mode but for the life of me I've never been able to find it? Where is this option hiding? As I've looked all over the application to find it!

Secondly I'm wondering if there are any firmware release notes for the light as nothing in the year I've had it seems to have been released, I notice firmware changelogs are released for the 360 and the 360 Vis Nav!

Thanks in advance!

10 replies

I am also having difficulty finding/activating the Boost feature. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hello, are you refering to this?

Hello, are you refering to this?

Ahhhhh! That’s it. Thanks! 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Anytime 

I'm sorry to say I don't have that option available on mine at all, I've got the floor lamp version and in every mode including manual there is no "boost" mode, I've tried even on iOS and android.

Is there anyone that can confirm this is on the floor lamps or is it reserved for just the desk varieties!

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Do you mind taking a screenshot of yours? I'm interested to see how it's like.

I'm struggling to get one at the moment but the interface is pretty much the same just in "manual" mode minus the on / off and boost buttons.

Is there anyone from @Dyson Community Moderator who can confirm that the floor lamps do support the boost function?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Tried this on the Solarcycle Floor. This is on iOS

So from what I gather, this is the light functioning as intended, all mentions of boost mode for the "newer" floor light has been removed from the Dyson website, the same goes for the desk variant too.

I think the variation in the naming also might play a part in this, the old model being the light cycle and the newer model being Solarcycle 

Apparently it's down to cheaper LEDs being used in the newer product that aren't CREE LEDS, if this is the case then it's disappointing, but at the moment this is hearsay on the internet and no one from Dyson has confirmed this, just a promise of a phonecall with no date or time from Dysons technical team.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I think you might be right. The boost mode was a feature that was promoted for the Lightcycle. If I remember correctly, it was also a feature for the Morph but it seems that that is no longer the case as the Dyson website no longer shows it.