Airstrait bought in US, volting issues in Europe | Dyson Community
Solved

Airstrait bought in US, volting issues in Europe

• 23 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Hello,

I saw I am not the only one which had this issue, I bought Airstrait in US, just before the launch in Europe, and I got surprised by the fact that i cannot use a voltage transformer. After so many discussions with Dyson customer support, no solution was found for my case. I would like to be able to change with an European machine. 

Did somebody managed to solve this issue?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Jack 25 April 2024, 13:48

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @CristinaIvasuc,

Welcome to the Dyson Community!

The Dyson Airstrait™ straightener has been engineered for use with the voltage of the country it was sold in. When used outside of these parameters your machine may not work as intended, and there is a risk that permanent damage could be caused.

You can find out more here:

Your free 2-year Dyson guarantee is valid in the country of purchase, and covers failures due to manufacturing faults - this wouldn’t cover relocating to another country, or using the machine on a voltage it wasn’t engineered to work with.

I’m sorry if this wasn’t the news you were hoping for, but it sounds like you have been correctly advised by our Customer Care team. 

Hi Jack,

You and Dyson brand should understand that your requirements are not only absurd but not in line with this century, people are travelling, you have shopping desires in all this world, but also the main customer experience is when you can travel with your favorite product all over the world. In my case i wanted to benefit of a product quicker, avoiding to wait the launching moment in Europe. 
 Now as a loyal customer of yours I am in the following situation: paying a lot of money of a product and being stucked with it on my shelf, cannot use it, cannot repair it, cannot change it, cannot resell it. 
How is this taken by Dyson Brand? And i am sure in this situation are thousands people.

Such a notable brand should have a reaction otherwise this will become a future dissapointment embraced by your loyal customers. We are not paying 100 eur for these products, but a fortune, so the services should be aligned with the pricing strategy.

thank you and good luck