Airwrap Volumizing Damaged My Hair | Dyson Community
Solved

Airwrap Volumizing Damaged My Hair

• 14 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi everyone! In the last couple of months, my volumizing brush head has been burning the ends of my hair. Thankfully, I contacted Dyson and they were more than willing to send me a replacement. Am I the only one with this issue? I purchased my machine in 2021. 

(Moderation Edit - Tags Added/Category Updated)

icon

Best answer by SalonSally 15 March 2023, 10:34

View original

3 replies

I can’t say I’ve had this problem or heard of it before today 🤐! How exactly did it burn your ends? Was it caused through the use of hair product? I was told that they weren't meant to overheat past a certain temperate?? 😪 

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Heyyyyy! 😊

We’ve got three Airwraps. I’d say our team uses them between 8 - 10 times a day. We’ve never had this happen or heard of this happening from our clients. Very strange. 

We’re talking in the salon. Is it possible you’re holding it on your hair for too long or constantly using the higher heat setting with little product when trying to fix the style in place?

Remember hair health is tied to your own, if it’s just started to happen, maybe your hairs too dry or brittle. You could trying hydrating more, washing it less and using heat protector when styling 😍!

We’d love to hear how you get on with the new one from Dyson! 

Team Sally.

Heyyyya @ClaraKim 

Yep! You’re right! The Dyson site states **Measures airflow temperature over 40 times a second, intelligently controlling the heating element to keep the temperature under 150°C/302°F. Preventing extreme heat damage.

I still wouldn’t rule it out happening!! There could be other contributing factors!! @diana.suhovich, I’d also love to hear if you have the same experience with the new one 😍!