Can the Dyson Airwrap (Purchased in the UK) be used in Australia and will this affect the warranty? | Dyson Community
Solved

Can the Dyson Airwrap (Purchased in the UK) be used in Australia and will this affect the warranty?

• 28 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Both countries use the same voltage and the Dyson help pages mention that the Airwrap will work, however I have heard conflicting information at the Styling Tours that Dyson products should not be used abroad as the warranty will be invalidated. Any clarity would be great, thanks.

(Edited by moderator – Tags added) 

icon

Best answer by Stuart 28 October 2022, 08:15

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Pooja

Thanks for posting a question!

I thought it best I step in to help answer it 😀

The Dyson guarantee, available on the UK website - The Dyson guarantee, stipulated that :- 

The terms and conditions of a Dyson guarantee are as follows:

• The guarantee becomes effective at the date of purchase (or the date of delivery if this is later).
  • You must provide proof of delivery / purchase before any work can be carried out on your machine under the guarantee. Please note that without this proof any work carried out will be chargeable. Please keep your purchase receipt or delivery note.
  • All work will be carried out by Dyson or its authorised agents.
  • Any parts which are replaced will become the property of Dyson.
  • The repair or replacement of your machine under guarantee will not extend the period of the guarantee.
  • The guarantee provides benefits which are additional to and do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
  • The Dyson guarantee is provided by Dyson Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 2627406 and with our registered office at Tetbury Hill, Malmesbury, Wiltshire, SN16 0RP which is also our main trading address. Our VAT number is 736734610.

Where is the Dyson guarantee valid?

• Where this machine is sold outside of the EU, this guarantee will only be valid if the machine is used in the country in which it was sold.
  • Where this machine is sold within the EU, this guarantee will only be valid (i) if the machine is used in the country in which it was sold or (ii) if the machine is used in Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Spain or the United Kingdom and the same model as this machine is sold at the same voltage rating in the relevant country.
  • If you take your machine abroad the guarantee may be invalidated. However, we will do our best to help you in your new country of residence.

Are Dyson guarantees transferable?

• Dyson guarantees are transferable with the machine, provided the original proof of purchase from a recognised retailer is supplied, together with evidence of any change of ownership of the machine, confirming that the machine was in good working order when the change of ownership took place.

With that in mind, while the voltage is the same, by taking the machine outside of the EU, the guarantee may be invalidated. Furthermore, if the country do not have parts available for your particular model, they may be unable to support you, should the need arise.  

I’d recommend contacting the Australian office and discuss their stance on accommodating the purchase. Simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and Start a conversation on Messenger

I hope this helps! 

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for the comprehensive response, may I clarify one last point, does the above mean that I cannot use the machine without invalidating the warranty if I am travelling with the Dyson for a holiday?

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Pooja 

Thanks for the follow up!

The bullet point covering this, says “If you take your machine abroad the guarantee may be invalidated. However, we will do our best to help you in your new country of residence.”,.

With that in mind, in my experience, if the machine has been taken overseas and is damaged as of a result or support in the form of a replacement part is needed, on return to the country of purchase, there may be refusal to repair or replace. This does go somewhat into the ‘What’s not covered’ section on The Dyson guarantee link:

What’s not covered 

• Normal wear and tear, including parts that might wear out over time (e.g. fuse, belt, brush bar, batteries, filters etc.).
  • Accidental damage
  • Damage as a result of use not in accordance with the rating plate. Damage caused by not carrying out the recommended appliance maintenance.
  • Removal of blockages. If your machine becomes blocked, please refer to the
  • Dyson Operating Manual for details of how to unblock it.
  • Damage from external sources such as transit, weather, electrical outages or power surges.
  • Failures caused by circumstances outside of Dyson’s control.
  • Faults caused by:
    • Negligent use, misuse, neglect or careless operation of the machine;
    • Use of the vacuum cleaner which is not in accordance with the Dyson Operating Manual;
    • Use of a Dyson machine for anything other than normal domestic household purposes in the country in which it was purchased.
    • Use of parts not assembled or installed in accordance with the instructions of Dyson.
    • Use of parts and accessories which are not Dyson Genuine Components. A full range of genuine Dyson spares and accessories for all Dyson machines is available at www.dyson.co.uk/spares.
    • Faulty assembly or installation (except where carried out by Dyson).
    • Repairs or alterations carried out by parties other than Dyson or its authorised agents.

In all instances, we will do our best to help and support you with your product. 

Thanks, 

Stuart.