China Dyson to be used in UK | Dyson Community
Question

China Dyson to be used in UK

• 21 January 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi i bought a Dyson hair dryer in China and i just moved to UK for work relocation, and i brought my China dyron here. Unlike other home appliance i brought together from China that can be well used in my UK flat with an adaptor, i found my dyson hair dryer open operated for 2 seconds then stop working everything i switch it on, with an adaptor used.

I wonder if it because China dyson hair dryer can’t be used in UK, even though with an adaptor, and even though the EV in china is 220V vs UK 230v(not a big difference, so that my majority home appliance now works well)?

Appreciate your suggestions, and is there any solution to this? e.g. i buy a EV conversion adaptor or something? Thank you very much!

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

1 reply

@tracy002915 The China and UK versions of Airwrap are both using the same voltage standards at 220-240v.

So that wouldn’t be the culprit. It may be the plug adapter you’re using, or an unrelated issue. You may want to contact local support for repair options.

Here is an article from Dyson which shows which countries use the same voltage standard as your home country, the UK (but Chile and Argentina aren’t listed, so please do check):

https://support.dyson.com.au/supporthome.aspx/Hair-Care/Dyson-Airwrap-Styler/Dyson-Airwrap-Styler/310729-01/using-your-dyson-machine/how-to-use-your-appliance-abroad