Curls on Chemically straightened hair | Dyson Community
Solved

Curls on Chemically straightened hair

• 10 June 2024
  • 1 reply

HI All,

I recently purchased Dyson airwrap as i bored with my chemically straightened hair.

I got my hair straightened.

As soon as i curl my hair they un- curl themselves and become straight again.

I used mouse and setting spray as well. But nothing works.

Is it that the airwrap does not work on chemically treated hair?

icon

Best answer by Jack 11 June 2024, 14:44

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Kashvi,

Welcome to the Dyson Community, and congratulations on your Dyson Airwrap™ multi-styler!

There should be no issue with using your machine on chemically-straightened hair. We do have some additional tips to help with style retention -

• To help ensure a lasting style, it’s really important to start with damp hair. Dry hair won’t hold its style as long.
  • Check you’re using the right diameter and length of barrel for your hair type. 
  • If you have a lot of hair density, wrap less hair around the barrel at a time. The key is to make sure the airflow and heat is evenly applied to the tress.
  • Make sure you hold the barrel in place until fully dry, and then use the cold shot to set your curls for 10-15 seconds. 
  • If you find your hair is naturally prone to retention issues, continue to use your preferred styling products to help support the style. 

Ultimately, everyone’s hair is different - so you may want to experiment with different accessories, heat, and airflow settings, as well as different styling products, to find the combination that works best for you.

Hope this helps!