Dyson Airwrap | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson Airwrap

Hi 

I have just been onto Dyson customer services about my airwrap cutting out. It has been doing this since the day I purchased it. I have never been able to have it on the highest heat settings or power and have learn’t to use it this way. After speaking to several people I beleive this is a common problem. My airwrap won’t even last 10 secs now without cutting out. I have  had to go and buy a new hairdryer. This was a very considered purchase for me and I could only afford it from money I received from my 50th birthday. Dyson want me to pay £100 to send it to them as it is out of warranty. I would appreciate anyone elses experience on this matter.

icon

Best answer by Jack 16 May 2024, 12:26

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @lorrainemcdonnell,

Welcome to the Dyson Community!

If you were experiencing an issue with your machine cutting out from the day of purchase, it’s a shame you weren’t in touch for support while we could have helped under the terms of the free 2-year Dyson guarantee. 

Outside of the 2-year guarantee period, resolutions for any issues would become chargeable. If you’d like to go ahead with arranging this, please do continue your conversation with our Dyson UK Customer Care team so they can schedule this for you.

The quickest way to get in touch is to visit Dyson.co.uk and click the round purple button to launch the Dyson Digital Assistant. Then click the agent icon in the bottom left corner of the chat window to start a live chat conversation with our Customer Care team

Hi Jack

It is a shame. However after speaking with numerous other owners it is apparent that this is a major problem with the airwrap.  I wanted to use this as a platform to see how wide the problem is and for Dyson to be able to take constructive feedback to improve the product. I take it form your response that this won’t be posted on the community page. I will find other platforms to research this and will be making sure that I can let as many people know about the over heating of the airwrap as possible via other platforms. £450 on a hairdryer that may last for 3 years is ridiculous. At that price it should come with a lifetime guarantee.

Once again thanks for your patronising reply.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @lorrainemcdonnell,

Our free 2-year guarantee means that Dyson owners can get support if they happen to have an issue with their machine. As advised, outside of this timeframe, any repairs or replacement parts would become chargeable.

The Dyson Airwrap™ multi-styler is engineered to shut off for protection if it starts to overheat. This would generally be due to a blocked filter - airborne contaminants and residue from styling products can prevent airflow from passing through it. In the first instance, we’d recommend thoroughly cleaning both the inner and outer filter mesh using the filter cleaning brush, an old toothbrush, or something similar. You can also clean the outer filter section using a clarifying shampoo, in addition to rinsing it under running water. When fully clean, you should be able to clearly see daylight through both parts of the filter when held up to a window or light source. 

I’m not sure if you’ve tried this, but it would be worth following the steps shown in our video guide - in most cases, this issue can be resolved without the need for further support.

If this doesn’t resolve the issue and you change your mind about a chargeable repair, you’re very welcome to get in touch with the UK Customer Care team.