Dyson Airwrap brought it Canada won't work now I've relocated - What can I do? | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson Airwrap brought it Canada won't work now I've relocated - What can I do?

• 4 April 2023
  • 9 replies

I moved to Canada to study for the last nine months and bought a Dyson hair wrap. Prior to buying it I asked in the Dyson store would it work when I do move back home to which they confirmed if I bought adapter. Since being home it won't work, I've contacted Canada Dyson customer service to which they told me to contact Dyson in Ireland. I was in touch with them for them to tell me that the engineer said to get converter adapter and to go into the Dyson store for recommendation of which one to buy. I called my local store to which they wouldn't recommend it as it will blow the fuse. I contacted Dyson in Canada again to which they said the same thing. I recalled Dyson Ireland a hour later and different girl said do not buy converter as it will blow the Dyson.  How can three different customer services have different recommendations. I have travelled with my GHD to UK, Spain, USA and Canada never had any issues. This is cost $1000 CAD and is only four months old. I use it everyday What can I do? 

(Moderation Edit - Tags Added/Title Updated)

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 8 April 2023, 13:03

View original

9 replies

Hi there @StephieLynch

The Guides and manuals link should take you through to your local Dyson website. Here, you'll need to navigate to the ‘Support’ page and scroll to the ‘Contact Us’ section. 

The ‘Contact Us’ section host the primary contact methods for each market, universally this is WhatsApp but it can vary per market. 

Above is a guideline that could help as well. 

Userlevel 2

I am under the belief that Dyson will replace the product free of charge, due to you relocating residence. 

The simply outlying fact of it is, that you’ve moved from one voltage region to another. There simply isn’t a remedy to be had. Power conversion or adapter will NOT work, it’s juvenile that they’ve made this suggestion. 

I strongly recommend speaking to a supervisor or manager, stating the facts of their guarantee. You’ve simply been sold a machine that will never work.   

Userlevel 2

The Dyson guarantee - They seem to state that they will not cover you’re guarantee. In my strong opinion, they haven’t yet shown they’re doing their best to help you in your new country of residence.

Hi @StephieLynch,

We don’t suggest the use of an adaptor or converter to use your device in another country, as that can cause damage to the machine, including permanent damage to the motor.

The only Dyson device in our Hair care line that is currently rated for universal use (with the exception of Japan) is our Dyson Corrale hair straightener.

I think you will find the response in the link below helpful. 

Dyson Airwrap™ multi-styler/Dyson Supersonic™ hair dryer - Can I use it abroad/overseas?

Hi All, 

Engineer just called me back to confirm as long as I get converter it should work and will be under the guarantee. I've never experience such bad customer service that everytime I get in contact with someone different they have different opinion. You can't get a definite answer but If it breaks I would rather my money back at this point and stick with GHD. I have had hair curlers from Argos that cost €30 and brought them everywhere. I didn't spend that much money to not be able to use product everywhere I go. 

Hi @StephieLynch , could you let us know what happened? Did you try to use it in the other country with an adapter, and did it work?

Why don't u exchange it with someone who is shifting to your voltage zone. Like me who has a 120v zone machine and am willing to exchange it to a 120v machine

I am under the belief that Dyson will replace the product free of charge, due to you relocating residence. 

The simply outlying fact of it is, that you’ve moved from one voltage region to another. There simply isn’t a remedy to be had. Power conversion or adapter will NOT work, it’s juvenile that they’ve made this suggestion. 

I strongly recommend speaking to a supervisor or manager, stating the facts of their guarantee. You’ve simply been sold a machine that will never work.  

supervisor response:

Dyson products are designed specifically for the country they are sold in and should not be used in other countries. Since you are now living in the Canada, we would recommend purchasing a product sold here in the Canada to ensure proper function.
Apologies for the inconvenience, but as Dyson policy doesn't allow international exchange there isn't much we can help you with.

The only option we consumers have is to exchange our dyson between ourselves. I have 220v dyson and need 120v dyson in USA.