Dyson hair dryer - Colour/Coating coming loose after 4 months - Ideas? | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson hair dryer - Colour/Coating coming loose after 4 months - Ideas?

• 5 October 2023
  • 2 replies

Hair dryer bought in July 2022. After 4 months the coating of the main body comes loose and this gets worse over time. I have contacted Dyson several times between end 2022 and September 2023. At first I was told that I would receive a new main body. Months later I contacted Dyson again, as no part was received. And then I was told that this issue is not covered under warranty and that the Dyson person who worked with me when I launched the warranty claim lied to me.

Why would this not be covered under warranty? 

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 6 October 2023, 13:23

View original

2 replies

Dyson offer a 2-year warranty/guarantee on all their hair care products. By all accounts you have 9-months left on the claims period. 

They detail what is and isn’t covered here: The Dyson guarantee. Pay attention to what is stated in the ‘What’s not covered’ section. If its a mechanical fault, they will replace. Any cosmetic damage or wear and tear isn’t covered.

If you can upload a picture showing the damage, one of the Dyson team here might be able to provide an official comment or suggest the reasons why it wasn’t covered.