European Dyson in USA - What are my choices? | Dyson Community

European Dyson in USA - What are my choices?

• 27 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi! I’m moving to USA in 2 month and I have my Dyson Airwrap (bought in Italy last summer). I know that it won’t work there because of voltage difference. I’m wondering what should I do if I want to continue using Dyson. Is selling it here and buying again in USA the only option? Can I perhaps do an exchange from EU version to US version in official store in USA? 

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

4 replies

You could take it with you and try using a converter? Alternatively, Dyson from time to time run a trade in campaign. It’s possible they’ll accept a EU model in exchange for a discount. 

The only other option is to buy a new one there and sell the one you have. You might find someone that travels back and forth between the US/Eu regularly, that will buy it as a second unit.

You could take it with you and try using a converter? Alternatively, Dyson from time to time run a trade in campaign. It’s possible they’ll accept a EU model in exchange for a discount. 

The only other option is to buy a new one there and sell the one you have. You might find someone that travels back and forth between the US/Eu regularly, that will buy it as a second unit.

Well, I am a bit afraid that converter will mess up my device. The problem is that I don’t want to bring Dyson if it’s not possible to trade it, it’s easier to sell it here then. Would be great to know for sure. 

Are you signed up to Dyson marketing, they drop emails every now and then with discount and events. Admittedly, I’ve not see one yet about any sales. It’s a gamble taking it with you, in case you can’t sell it. Shifting it before you go might be the only option.  

Hello @sedova077 

Thanks for posting a question to the wider community. 

The Dyson Airwrap™ multi-styler, have been precisely engineered for styling at the voltage of the country in which they were manufactured for and purchased in. When considering taking any of these products outside of the country they were manufactured for use in, where the same electrical voltage isn’t applied, they may become inoperable.
Please follow the guidance on usage in the guarantee sections of the User guide. 

To get further insight regarding this, kindly read this article on our Dyson Airwrap™ multi-styler/Dyson Supersonic™ hair dryer - Can I use it abroad/overseas? 

We also don’t suggest the use of an adaptor or converter to use your device in another country, as that can cause damage to the machine and motor. 

The best way to speak to one of our representatives is through the WhatsApp feature, visiting the www.dyson.com link, navigating to the country selector at the bottom of the page and selecting the country. Once here, select the ‘Support’ option in the top navigation bar and continue to the ‘Contact Us’ section.   
I suggest speaking directly with the market you wish for this exchange to take place in and the local market team will be able to confirm if they are able to arrange this for you. 

If you still require any further clarity, don't hesitate to respond over here.

Regards,