Is it time to replace my 8+ year old hairdryer?? | Dyson Community
Skip to main content
Solved

Is it time to replace my 8+ year old hairdryer??

• 11 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi 👋 i have the Dyson Supersonic Hairdryer. It must be 8+ years old. I have noticed that it now  feels really hot on my scalp when on medium setting. This never used to be a problem. Is it time to replace????

Thanks for any input 👍 

Hi @JanB 

Thank you for raising this with us.

The Dyson SupersonicTM hair dryer is intelligent. It has a clever microprocessor that regulates temperature to help prevent extreme heat damage and protect the natural shine. The maximum operating temperature in normal working conditions is up to 105°C (221 °F).

One red light indicates low gentle drying; two red lights indicate Medium 80°C/176°F (regular drying); and three red lights indicate High 100°C/212°F (Fast drying and styling).

If you are still experiencing problems with regulating the temperature, kindly follow the link to make sure you are cleaning the filter as per the video on the Dyson YouTube channel.

If the above insight does not help, I would recommend that you get in contact with the Dyson Contact Center.

You can find the Dyson Helpline number in the ‘Contact Us section of the page.

Best wishes,

Maybe give the filter a once over. If there is still no sign of life or change, maybe you could consider something new from Dyson! I’d recommend the Airwrap!! Its beautiful and does such a great job!