My hair is completely broken! Did anyone else airwrap damaged or break their hair? | Dyson Community

My hair is completely broken! Did anyone else airwrap damaged or break their hair?

• 10 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Airwrap has broken my hair. Anyone else had this issue. Where is see splinters of my hair in the filter. I have stopped using it for 2 weeks now. 

(Moderator Edit - Tags Added)

3 replies

Ohh babe!! I struggled with my hair right at the start, it was getting oily/greasy faster. Adding in extra washes etc!!

I posted a cry for help in October and @SalonSally and their team came to my rescue!! Excessively oily/greasy hair - Help!

A couple of back and forth suggestions and ideas, we figured out I was using the wrong heat spray and hair protector! I didn’t have a clue but this helped with my hairs health and help to protect it when using my styler!! A few others comment and we chatted even more about hair health, all was really beyond me!! I’m a tomboy, wear my hair up, in a ponytail and hats most of the time!! They really changed my outlook!! 😁

Anyway, I learn a little and here it is! To steal @Emma.S reply. There really is so much about my hairs health that is tied to everyday life! I didn’t even consider this as a cause and just assumed it was my Airwrap. Changes in the weather, what I eat, my weekly exercise routine, even the shampoo and conditioner. This makes so much sense! Works been so busy I’ve dropped a PT session and I’d brought a new shampoo and conditioner set.

I know they’ll both be proud of me writing this, so I recommend making changes like I did and @Emma.S suggest. And use a lower heat! 

😍

This isn’t exclusively to Airwraps. It’s happened here; but it could happen anytime. Using a lower heat setting will help but really it’s about hair health and not over heating it. If your ends are dry or are breaking, please please please, look at hair recovery! Consider concentrating on using shampoo only on your scalp. Skipping conditioner is also a no-no. Use a heat spray. Get a new conditioner if you must. 

Whatever you do. Do NOT continuously apply heat to your hair if its damaged. Avoid applying any colour or dyes until its recovered! 

Ariel. 

Yes. Ruined my hair too!!