Replace a brand new Dyson Airwrap from India for a US version | Dyson Community
Solved

Replace a brand new Dyson Airwrap from India for a US version

• 4 October 2022
  • 7 replies

I received the Airwrap from my family as a gift. I live in US, when I had reached out to Dyson in June, customer service reps has assured me, i would be able to switch the Airwrap for the US version.

I could not get  to the service center, due to a long term medical emergency in the family.
When I reached out back to the Dyson customer care today, they are telling me the policy has changed and they cannot replace the Dyson Airwrap for the US version.

I need help!!!!!

I am stuck with this beautiful expensive piece of technology that I have not been able to use for months now. There has got to be a way to help me with this, so I can use the Airwrap and be a satisfied customer.

Can someone from the Dyson community take this back to higher management and help resolve this situation, please?

(Edited by moderator – Tags added) 

icon

Best answer by Dyson Community Moderator 5 October 2022, 14:17

View original

7 replies

Hi

@Ami Mehta 

I may not be able to help. I am in Italy. I have Supersonic with issue in June. @kellym moderator solved. 

They may be able to help you. 

Maria. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey @Ami Mehta

My daughter and I share a Supersonic, I can sympathies with you. When it wasn’t working (filter problem) we felt lost without it. 

I would have said that if you have it in writing the team would honour the agreement, that is unless there was a timeframe stipulated. Either case, you have a Dyson that you can’t use. 

@Stuart, can you help?

Grace.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Ami Mehta

Thanks for posting on the Community. 

We have a team of moderators based in the USA, who I believe will be ideally placed to help. I’ve reached out to a member of this team and asked that they contact you, once they are online.

To be able to assist, the team will require your machine’s serial number and information on your place of residence. If you could prepare this ahead of time, it would be great. Please don’t share it directly on the Community or this post, but in a DM (direct message) to the moderator once they contact you. 

Any questions in the meantime, feel free to @me.

Thanks,

Stuart

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Good morning, @Ami Mehta,

I’m a moderator here in the US and it will be my pleasure to help with this. I have sent you a private message requesting some details, and I’ll be glad to work to resolve this with you.

Hey, I have the same issue, So I need some help

i have a Dyson that I have purchased in india and now I have completely shifted to the US. Unfortunately the Dyson isn’t working here and I know it’s due to the voltage issues. 
I spoke to the customer care and they instructed me to visit any nearby Dyson show room and that they would help me trade it. But they instead told me that they stopped doing the trade option since 2020. So I am just stuck with the most expensive product without even using it. 

so please you guys help me out with some or the other option.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello @Maddisetty 

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to reach out. Dyson products are designed specifically for the country they are sold in and should not be used in other countries. Since you are now living in the States, we would recommend purchasing a product sold here in the US to ensure proper function. Having said that, we are always happy to assist with any issues you may be having, to see if there is an issue that can be diagnosed and resolved via troubleshooting. 

As you’re already in contact with our customer service experts, I’d encourage you to continue your conversation with them. They’re best placed to help you further, and are empowered to resolve most issues without the need for further escalation.

Best wishes,

Hi. I recently purchased a dyson airwrap from a duty free shop in the airport in India and specifically asked the person if this would work in US/Canada. To which he said it would as it comes with an adaptor for the same. 
Now i am in Canada and this is not working nor does it have any adaptor. 
kindly help. It was purchased only couple days back. 
thanks in advance!