Serial number easy to remove | Dyson Community
Solved

Serial number easy to remove

• 4 April 2024
  • 1 reply

My hair dryer on/off switch stopped working. I purchased it 15 months ago. I took off the tag with the serial number because it was annoying. It is still under warranty and I have the receipt. Dyson customer service said they can do nothing because I removed the tag with the serial number. I bought this dryer to test for my YouTube fans. I gave it a great recommendation but now I am hoping people didn’t purchase this off my review. I will talk different about this product in the future. I also live 2 hours from a center than can fix it so that is not an option.

icon

Best answer by Jack 17 April 2024, 13:38

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Laura McCullough,

Welcome to the Dyson Community, and thanks for letting us know about this.

Appreciate you’ve removed the serial number sticker from your Dyson Supersonic™ hair dryer’s power cord, but you’ll also find it on a sticker attached to the outer packaging, and on the machine’s User guide. If you registered on the MyDyson™ app, you would be able to find it under the Product settings tab. And if you ordered online from Dyson.com, you should also have received a dispatch notification email which includes the serial number.

Not sure if you’ve been able to locate it in any of these locations, but it might be the best place to start so the Customer Care team can support in arranging a repair for you.

Hope this helps!