Terrible Return Experience - Refund Still Pending | Dyson Community
Solved

Terrible Return Experience - Refund Still Pending

• 30 March 2023
  • 11 replies

I returned my Dyson super sonic blow dryer almost a month ago and have not been able to get a straight answer from anyone about when I will actually get my refund.  I received an email on March 6th stating that it was received at the warehouse and my refund will be processed in 7-10 business days.  It’s been over 14 and all anyone will tell me is that I need to wait.  I have never had such a rotten experience with any company, especially not one as well known as Dyson.  I just want a straight answer of when I will get my money back?!?

icon

Best answer by Dyson Community Moderator 31 March 2023, 00:21

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @angelngarza 

It’s always frustrating to hear when one of our valued owners has been waiting for a return/refund to get processed, so thank you for letting us know about this. We always challenge ourselves to offer the highest levels of service, so I can only apologize for the experience you’ve had so far. I’ll make sure your feedback is shared with the relevant departments for you.

If you’re already in contact with our customer service experts, I’d encourage you to continue your conversation with them. They’re best placed to help you further, and are empowered to resolve most issues without the need for further escalation. These issues aren't usually something the Dyson Community team can directly help you with.

Best wishes,

Alright @angelngarza

It’s surprising not the first time someone’s complained about the refund time. The mod team had responded to another post with the following; maybe it will help you here.  

“Normally, once your return has been checked in as received in our warehouse, you can expect to receive a refund back within 7-10 business days, though some times it may take us a few days longer to process that. The 1-2 billing cycles that you were quoted refers to the billing practices of your bank or financial institution. That is the general timeframe we provide, as it can take them 1-2 billing cycles for the refund to reflect on your account statement, not for the actual refund to process.”

I’m not sure if other members have any other suggestions or tips on how to get this processed quicker, but I’d say the best way is to speak directly to Dyson or their finance team. 

Good luck! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Similar case here. Called after three weeks of waiting for a refund. Received it after a further week of waiting. The staff member was surprising helpful. Had to raise a “case”. I didn’t hear back from them, so just assumed this did the trick. 

Well, I bought my Dyson Corrale at the end of Feb 2023,  mid March the corrale wouldn’t charge. I use my straightner most days and I think it’s essential that there are no issues. I had a GHD for 10 years and worked everyday with not A problem. Now I’ve sent my $700 straightner away and from what I e heard, there is ongoing problems with the lithium battery. No different to the Vacuums either. So- I will be asking for a full refund and going back to a product that works every time. 
very very unsatisfied

My experience is very similar as well.

Return of Airwrap received by Dyson on March 15, 2023. I’ve yet to receive a refund.

On March 20, 2023, received this email message from Dyson

“Your request for a refund for the returned Airwrap has been processed and funds have been released to your financial institution. Please allow up to 3 business days for the funds to appear in your account. There's no further action needed on your part.”

Since then, numerous times I’ve spoken to customer service personnel regarding the matter. They put me on hold and then return to recite the spiel about 7-10 business days and 1-2 billing cycles.

This contradicts the email message on March 20, 2023. Customer service stumbles and delays when questioned regarding the exact dollar amount of the return.

For such a “top notch company,” the return experience is shoddy and abysmal.

Hello!

I ordered a Dyson airwrap on March 30, but the DPD company did not deliver it to its destination, after which they decided to deliver it back to Dyson. I contacted the company, where they told me that the airwrap was in their warehouse and they did not know the reason for the return. I asked them to deliver it to me or make a refund. It's been more than 14 days and I still haven't received the money and answers to the questions I ask the consultants! Please solve my question about my refund.

Hello!

I ordered a Dyson airwrap on March 30, but the DPD company did not deliver it to its destination, after which they decided to deliver it back to Dyson. I contacted the company, where they told me that the airwrap was in their warehouse and they did not know the reason for the return. I asked them to deliver it to me or make a refund. It's been more than 14 days and I still haven't received the money and answers to the questions I ask the consultants! Please solve my question about my refund.

You’re best to contact Dyson directly. The mods can’t help. They’ve stated before they don’t have access to customer records. Give this link a read How to: Check on the progress of a delivery | Dyson Community. Either a phone call or Instant messaging service.

Im from another country I don’t have an access to contact them directly by phone, I tried to use what’s up, but all the consultants said me the same, please wait, we will check and then no answers…

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @yyuliya89 

May we ask which country you reside in, and which country you purchased the Dyson from? 

Im from Kazakhstan and I bought it in UK thought the official site…

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Im from Kazakhstan and I bought it in UK thought the official site…

"If you’re already in contact with our customer service experts, I’d encourage you to continue your conversation with them. They’re best placed to help you further, and are empowered to resolve most issues without the need for further escalation. These issues aren't usually something the Dyson Community team can directly help you with.”