the multistyler is crimping my hair! | Dyson Community
Solved

the multistyler is crimping my hair!

• 19 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi all.

For the past three time.ive curled my hair with the big curler my hair hair has been crimping. In the grooves of the roller my hair is almost copying that! 

Not sure what I'm.doing wrong, I have fine blonde hari and my hairdresser friend said its burning my hair like.it did hers!

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 20 April 2023, 15:29

View original

3 replies

Hi @Sian7426 

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing. 

The Dyson YouTube channel hosts a vast amount of content that can support on achieving the best results. As well as those that provide tips on using, maintaining, and getting the best out of your Dyson Dyson Airwrap™ multi-styler. Simply use the on-screen search option or navigate through the playlists to start viewing these. 

You can view the entire Playlist of videos supporting the Dyson Airwrap™ multi-styler right here

You may also want to take a look at our "Understanding the attachment and accessories” article below. 

If you need further support after this, please get in touch via our WhatsApp channel and one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and select ‘Start a WhatsApp conversation’. 

Jodey

Heya @Sian7426!

mmm I’m not sure! You’re not trying to style from dry are you?! Your hair should be around 15% damp to start… I’m thinking maybe this would help: Dyson Airwrap™ multi-styler: How to curl your hair | Dyson Community

Ariel 😙 

x

Hello @Sian7426

You might like to try here How do I use the Airwrap on my Frizzy/Curly hair? | Dyson Community

1. Straight out the shower, I apply a oil to my roots and serum to the rest of my hair. Leave for 10 mins wrapped. 
  2. Use the hair dryer attachment on the scalp. Highest heat and speed, until about 80% dry.
  3. Then I dry the lengths about 50%-60%, using the wide-tooth comb attachment for that!
  4. for the last 20%ish, I switch to the smoothing brush attachment on the higher heat but medium - low speed.
  5. When the lengths are about 80% dry, I start to curl!! I section my hair, making sure whichever barrel I pick is on the right way. Using a medium heat and at the lower speed setting.
  6. I hold the cold shot button for 15-30 seconds on each section before releasing.
  7. I finish with hairspray to seal it in place 

😍