Using Air-wrap Abroad | Dyson Community
Question

Using Air-wrap Abroad

• 17 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Hello!

I am Canadian and purchased an airwrap last year… I am traveling to South Africa and want to bring it with me. Will it wok to use an adapter, or will that break it?

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

2 replies

Hi @hollykeats , thanks for your post. As long as the product is being used in a country with an electricity supply within the same range as that of where the appliance was purchased, it should work. However, I’d recommend giving our Dyson Airwrap™ multi-styler/Dyson Supersonic™ hair dryer - Can I use it abroad/overseas? a read.

Dyson products are designed specifically for the countries for which they are made for and sold in, and all Canadian machines manufactured are designed solely for 110-120v electricity.  Our machines are not multi-voltage. A power converter would be needed to use the machine in different countries; and we do not recommend using a converter, as it will damage the motor.

I have a 220v machine and looking forward for an exchange to 120 v. If interested u may connect to me at vtckanpur2020@gmail.com