Using US Appliances in the UK | Dyson Community
Solved

Using US Appliances in the UK

• 22 November 2022
  • 2 replies

Hello,

I live in the US and have a Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer and V10 Cyclone Vacuum Cleaner- both were bought in the US. I am moving to the UK and I am very frustrated now as I found out that neither of the machines will be working there. I messaged Dyson customer support before and asked for options and advice as I would love to take both of the machines with me. At first, I was told that I can use an adapter with my hair dryer in the UK. Then I called Dyson just to double check and was told that it will not be possible and that my appliances will not work with adapters, but said that I would be able to exchange the hair dryer under warranty to a UK version. Since my vacuum cleaner is not under warranty anymore, the representative said I can buy the UK battery, the main body and charger to be able to use it properly in the UK.

Since I received some conflicting information, I want to make sure that I will actually be able to do that and that Dyson will be able to replace my the hair dryer before I take all of my appliances to the UK. 

Thank you.

Agne

(Edited by moderator – Tags added) 

icon

Best answer by Dyson Community Moderator 23 November 2022, 21:46

View original

2 replies

Hello 😎!

God! How frustrating! Whoever said relocating was easy is wrong wrong wrong!! This sounds super familiar! Someone posted about their USA airwrap working in Europe! Dyson exchanged it as it was still under warranty!

Maybe they can do the same for you 😀!

I wouldn’t have a clue about the other question. Sorry! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @akersulyte 

With regard to your Supersonic, we don't recomment using an adaptor or converter as it can damage the motor in your dryer. I know here in the US, we recently made some changes to our International exchange policy, so I cannot speak for what might be available as options for you in the UK, but they should be able to assist with that at their Helpline.

For your cord-free machine, you would just need a new charger, no main body replacement needed. The charger you purchase or receive in the UK will have the UK voltage plug you need to charge your V10 properly.

Let us know what other questions or concerns you might have; we're always keen to help here!