WANTED: Oval Attachment for the Airwrap, please! | Dyson Community

WANTED: Oval Attachment for the Airwrap, please!

Userlevel 1

Recently tried a friend’s Drybar Doubleshot and LOVE the oval shape and the bristles/spacing of the bristles. The shape of the oval brush would be easy to replicate, it seems, and gives a different shape and creates more volume at the root than Dyson's round brush attachment. In particular, also like how the bristles have rounded tips and are more spaced apart, as this creates less pulling - therefore, less hair loss/damage. Please make an attachment like this, as I think many people would purchase the Airwrap, takeaway other devices from our arsenal, and be a game-changer for those who already own the Airwrap. I think that the demand is there and the Airwrap is superior to the Drybar, Revlon, and other similar products with an oval-shaped brush head as far as the heating and airflow mechanism - but, the oval-shaped heads are what make those devices so great. Thanks!!!

Dyson Community Moderator 1 year ago

Hey everyone!

It’s so great to see our owners' creating topics about new features and functionalities. As always, we appreciate the feedback, and we hear you. 

We do have to be very careful looking at product suggestions submitted from outside our organisation. This could lead to misunderstandings, and I’m sure you’ll appreciate we have to be very cautious, especially in terms of intellectual property.

We have a 6,000-strong global engineering team busy developing a pipeline of new Dyson technology stretching 25 years into the future. We can't reveal anything they might be working on until we're ready to launch, but the Dyson Community is a great place to stay up to date with our latest news!

I’ll check back on this post periodically and pass any other comments and suggestions back to our teams.

Best wishes,

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Heya Darlin! You have my vote! Yes please Mr Dyson! 🥹

Userlevel 1

Seriously Dyson- this is constant feedback. Consumers would love a larger round brush attachment, myself included. That is the only thing missing from this product and if it were available, no doubt you would increase your customer base as people would be willing to spend the $$$ for this product. I just tried the dry bar 3-in-1 and it was not nearly as powerful as the airwrap. I noticed a difference in quality right away. It did however have a nice large round brush attachment and I loved it. Im sticking with my airwrap, but I anxiously anticipate the day a larger round brush attachment is available! Please oh please! Thank you ❤️

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hey everyone!

It’s so great to see our owners' creating topics about new features and functionalities. As always, we appreciate the feedback, and we hear you. 

We do have to be very careful looking at product suggestions submitted from outside our organisation. This could lead to misunderstandings, and I’m sure you’ll appreciate we have to be very cautious, especially in terms of intellectual property.

We have a 6,000-strong global engineering team busy developing a pipeline of new Dyson technology stretching 25 years into the future. We can't reveal anything they might be working on until we're ready to launch, but the Dyson Community is a great place to stay up to date with our latest news!

I’ll check back on this post periodically and pass any other comments and suggestions back to our teams.

Best wishes,

Userlevel 1

Thanks so much! It is much appreciated! ❤️

An oval brush with boar hair would be a godsend! I was lucky enough to receive a Dyson air wrap for Christmas and whilst I love it, I cannot get my hair to stay smooth and sleek when I blow dry it with either the firm smoothing brush or the round brush, whereas with my previous hairdryer (revlon one step) I always got a smooth blow out which lasted for days!

Please Dyson, say you’re making one 🤞🏻 

Yesss!!!  I have natural very crazy hair and an oval attachment to add to the airwrap be awesome and save me so much time drying my hair!

Yes please!! +1 on the oval attachment. The current round brush attachment is too small in my opinion. Especially for those with long hair. I still use my Revlon brush which is not nearly as nice as the Dyson, but I love it for the oval brush. 

YES, PLEASE!!  I want a attachment similar to the Revlon Volumizer Plus.  Bc Dyson doesn’t have this attachment I am having to still use my Revlon Volumizer Plus.

For the less educated in hair and beauty, what is the difference between the Revlon Volumizer Plus attachment and the one Dyson have below? 

New 40mm Airwrap™ long barrel

Dyson please!!!! We need an oval attachment to the Airwrap. I tried out a friends Shark Flexstyle with the oval brush attachment and it gives the volume that our round brush doesn’t. The dyson round brush is not big enough for long hair. We need an oval brush please!!!