Which type of Airwrap should I buy? | Dyson Community
Solved

Which type of Airwrap should I buy?

• 10 August 2023
  • 5 replies

I'm buying an Airwrap as a birthday present for my mom. I would describe her hair as medium length. She has layers at the front probably from chin length to collarbone, but her hair is slightly longer at the back. When I read the descriptions of the normal and long versions of the Airwrap I wasn't sure which category she falls into? Would the normal version have a better chance of working on her hair? 

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by YellowLemon 15 August 2023, 12:23

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hey @A.D.

Thanks for sharing this with the community! It’s a great question! 

I can’t think of a better place for this to be, then in our ‘Featured’ section of the homepage! Combined with our ‘Spotlighted Post’ tag, it should help it to stand out even more to our other owners and help you get that all important answer 😀

While you wait, check out one of our other ‘Spotlighted Posts’, which provides a great comparison on the different models, including the barrels and accessories available - Airwrap Curling - Barrel Comparison Video!

Don’t forget to visit our Dyson Airwrap™ multi-styler: Understanding the attachment and accessories article either - I am completely bias, but I think this gives a great overview of the attachments, as well as a short tutorial video 😎

Thanks, 

Stuart

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hey!!! OMG I see this so much! Other than a colour preference, what other requirements do you have?

It might be super simple for you to make a choice! The Long version is best for longer hair, while the short version is best if you have shorter hair. Not much else in it I think. Some of the accessories are best suited to thicker hair etc.. If you share more on your hair type/style maybe we can help more.. 

Lemon 😍 x

@YellowLemon Thanks for your reply, my mom’s hair is not very thick, more straight than wavy/curly and has layers.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@YellowLemon Thanks for your reply, my mom’s hair is not very thick, more straight than wavy/curly and has layers.

Consider getting the Long model. It has all the accessories she’d need to get started. Blow drying, curling and brushing out. Here a list of all the accessories that come with the AW, along with a description/use. Don’t thank me, its something the community mods put together - Dyson Airwrap™ multi-styler: Understanding the attachment and accessories | Dyson Community 😍

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I’ve just seen @Stuart added a link to Dyson help me choose. This might also be a good place to start.

Lemon 😍 x