About Dyson box | Dyson Community
Solved

About Dyson box

• 16 November 2022
  • 10 replies

• Novice Member
  • 4 replies

I ordered my Dyson V 15 Detect Absolute on Dyson.com, but I noticed that there is some scratches and dirty on the brush of my machine, and my box is also brown, I want to know if I this is a refurbished Dyson

icon

Best answer by Dyson Community Moderator 16 November 2022, 17:41

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hiya 

Unless you ordered it from their outlet shop, it should be shipped as a refurbished machine. 

Have you checked the serial number? Refurbished stock is shipped with either a B or C at the end. 

😃

Hi, Emma

Thank you for your reply. Follow question is, my Dyson serial number start with U8M, ends with 10A. And What is the meaning of re-order on the box label

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello @Yii,

I can confirm that if you’re seeing any lines on the plastic part of your floor tool, those would actually be “flow lines”. These are visible lines in the plastic which form during the injection and manufacturing process. These are not actual cracks on the head, and they won’t affect product performance.

With regard to packaging, our engineering team designed our packaging to sustain world-wide shipping, and we've reduced emissions and lessened our carbon footprint in shipping like this, so much so, we have eliminated the need for pallets. Rest assured, new products are new. We would not sell or offer refurbished products as new products, and we generally do not offer or sell refurbished products on the Dyson website. Instances where refurbished products are sold are rare, and are always listed as such. When purchasing on the Dyson website in the US, for example, the only time a refurbished product would be sent is if the order was placed on the Dyson outlet page. Those are all certified refurbished units. 

Please feel free to get in touch via our local WhatsApp channel, where one of our team will be happy to confirm if the machine purchased was new or refurbished. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and start a WhatsApp conversation.

If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page.

Hi,Kelly

What is the meaning of re-order on the box label.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

The number is torn off of the box, so I cannot tell what the sku is, but that’s likely the sku of the machine you purchased. That would indicate on the box which sku needs to be reordered.

I saw that there is a v15 on Dyson "first-generation" page. I'm worried about sending a used machine.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Yii 

We would again direct you to please feel free to get in touch via our local WhatsApp channel, where one of our team will be happy to confirm if the machine purchased was new or refurbished. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and start a WhatsApp conversation.

If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi, Emma

Thank you for your reply. Follow question is, my Dyson serial number start with U8M, ends with 10A. And What is the meaning of re-order on the box label

Hiya

I’m taking a guess here; I think the re-order number is the code needed if you ever had a replacement or wanted to buy the same machine again. 

Ooooh the A at the end of the serial means it's a new machine. Not a refurbished one.

😀

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Emma.S is correct, a machine with the letter “A” as the last character in the machine’s serial number would generally indicate that as being a brand-new machine. 

@kellym @Emma.S thank you all!