Absolutely terrible customer service - please help! | Dyson Community
Skip to main content

I am in utter disbelief at how badly Dyson have handled my situation and also that they have no details of how to make an official complaint. How is that even possible for a company? So, I am resorting to the community in the vain hope that something will be done about this.

Here’s the story so far:

• I purchased a Main Body and Big Cyclone part for my V11 Animal on 11th July. I paid by PayPal (£119) and received a PayPal email about it immediately after the checkout completed. However I received no emails from Dyson.
  • About 5 days later I called Dyson and was told that they had no record of my order and that no money would be taken from PayPal. I double-checked this as I needed the replacement part and was planning on purchasing it through Amazon. I was assured no money would be taken.
  • On this assurance I purchased the item from Amazon (delivered next day!) with no issues.
  • On 17th July, Dyson took £119 from my PayPal account!
  • I immediately called Dyson and the person I spoke to explained that there was a technical problem at Dyson and orders paid for by PayPal were not showing up on their system. She sent me a link so that I could securely upload a screenshot of my PayPal transaction ID so that they could provide a full refund which I would receive within 2 days.
  • I heard nothing more and no refund appeared.
  • I contacted Dyson using their online chat support and was assured the issue was being escalated and that someone would call me within 24 hours. It was, apparently, the person’s top priority to solve my issue!
  • Still nothing. No emails, no refunds.
  • In the meantime went into my shed for something and found a delivery of said original item sat there. There was no notification of shipping or delivery.
  • I contacted Dyson again and was told the same. Escalated. 24 hours, refund super fast. My top priority…
  • Still nothing.
  • Today I was on chat again. Was given the same speech. I nearly lost it. How hard can it be to send me a return label and refund me my £119? I asked for the details for how to make an official complaint and was given the main 0800 number! I asked for the email for the complaints department but was told there wasn’t one. The only way to contact was via the online chat or the 0800 number!

It takes a lot to annoy me but this is just unbelievable. I am posting this in the vain hope that someone from Dyson reads it, takes it seriously and does something to resolve it.

Here’s hoping!

​Hi @ajt71

Welcome to the Dyson Community, and thanks for letting us know about this - I’m sorry to hear about your experience so far.

I’ve reached out directly to request some further details. I’ll look forward to hearing from you.