Anyone have this issue, stress fracture on the handle? | Dyson Community
Solved

Anyone have this issue, stress fracture on the handle?

• 6 May 2023
  • 4 replies

Although is out of warranty this is an expensive machine to be cracking in this way.  Anyone else experiencing this? 

Thank you, 

mary

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 8 May 2023, 05:13

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5

Nope. Maybe mine isn’t worked enough to be stressed… It’s not been dropped has it? 

No. Hasn’t been dropped and the cracks are just expanding everyday.  I use my Dyson everyday and for the price tag should be built for daily use.  

If you noticed a crack or damage during warranty and reported it, they’d replace the part for free. Anything outside of this period is at cost. 

Ordering a replacement main body will fix it 👍

Yes, I have exactly the same issue with identical product. Have you resolved this issue? The plastics seem to be inadequate per Dyson quality standards, as I have multiple other Dyson products without similar defects. The handle and body of my Dyson cordless vacuum, should be durable as it is designed to be handled and hung on wall mount, yet this same defect appeared without misuse or abuse, defective in the form of cracking and deteriorating fractures of plastic, rendering the product useless, as the handle and body are the structures that are supposed to support the rigidity of all product functions.