Appalling Customer Service, No Contact Details For Complaint | Dyson Community
Solved

Appalling Customer Service, No Contact Details For Complaint

• 20 May 2024
  • 6 replies

It is outrageous and surely a breach of trading standards that Dyson do not have a contact email or address to send a complaint to. I have had the following issues with my V8 Animal hoover which has never worked properly since I received it in 2022. I regret purchasing a Dyson. It is very poor quality. And there have been three replacements of parts required since 2022, but each attempt never addresses the issue and now Dyson have failed for over a week to collect my hoover for repair.

The complaint:

1. Since registering the item in May 2022, there have been three requests for repairs to Dyson. You have had to replace the battery twice and the filter once. Surely, this indicates that there is a larger fault than these issues alone. Issue: Dyson customer service are failing to notice and address the fault and issues with the item and do not reassure me that they are taking all actions to address the faults and issues by simply replacing parts.

2. Since 7 May 2024 I have been trying to get your team to repair my Dyson which has stopped working. I called your customer service on 7 May and was told the issue with the hoover not working properly was due to a blockage which we cleared over the phone. I warned the customer service representative that there had already been an alarming number of issues with the hoover. Issue: faulty expensive hoover which customer service team did not repair adequately nor, see issue in bold above, do they take adequate action to address the issue.

3. Two days later, the hoover stopped working and charging completely. I called your customer service team who, without any apology, told me the earliest collection they could organise for the hoover to be repaired would be 13 May by DPD collection. I would then have to wait another 5-8 working days for the repair. In total, this would mean 15 days without a working hoover. This is not feasible in any home.

Issue: insensitive and inadequate response by Dyson customer services

4. On 13 May, DPD notified me they would collect the hoover by email between 11.34 and 12.34. I was at home, the driver did not ring my doorbell. I called DPD after 12.34, they apologised and said they would call the depot and the depot would ask the driver to return to collect the hoover. DPD said that the service Dyson had requested was a delivery when what was needed was a collection. Registering the service as a delivery would, of course, leave the driver with the wrong information and not give him reason to collect from my home.

Issue: incorrect service details shared by Dyson with DPD. Dyson use an inadequate provider to collect item. DPD driver fails to attend twice in one day.

5. On 13 May I also called Dyson. The customer service representative seemed to have very limited information about my account and took a long time to work out how to rebook the collection. He rebooked this for 16 May and assured me that the booking was made with DPD as collection only. I asked for an email address to raise a complaint and was given the email address of an account which sends an automatic reply stating that it is an inbox that is not monitored and that I need to call customer services.

6. On 16 May I called DPD before 9am as I had not received notification from them about when they would collect the hoover. I checked with them and asked them to make sure that the driver was made aware that the service to my address was collection only. They told me they would make sure this happened. Issue: anxiety and stress to me and DPD fail to contact driver

7. On 16 May at 11am I received notification that DPD would collect between 11.34 and 12.34. The driver again did not ring the doorbell and I received a notification on the DPD app tracker that he could not 'deliver'. I called DPD who told me they would try to call the driver again and ask that he return to my property. They also told me to call them if he did not return. Later in the day I called DPD (as instructed) when the driver did not return and the customer service representative blamed Dyson and was rude and aggressive.

Issue: further distress and anxiety to me. I also had to hire a vacuum at cost to myself of over £35.00

8. On 16 May I called Dyson to let them know the issues above with collection and DPD. The woman I spoke to was helpful and told me that she would escalate the issue and a special Dyson team would be in touch within 24-72 hours. 

Issue: failure to respond in a timely fashion to a very distressing serious matter

9. On 17 May I received notification from DPD that another collection would be attempted. Again, the driver did not turn up. 

10. On 17 May I called Dyson customer services again and was told that I would hear from someone at Dyson by 18 May. No one from Dyson called.

Dyson have failed on all fronts to take seriously the repairs required to my hoover. The Dyson now needs replacing in full and I need to be reimbursed for the additional costs of hoover hire. As you fail to be able to employ a parcel courier who can collect the Dyson for repair, you now need to send me a replacement. 

This issue has caused me great deal of distress. I have had to cancel three days of work to be at home for the DPD collections which have not happened.

I am told that DPD will attempt a collection on 20 May. I will be at home, but I have very little faith it will happen.

The customer service at Dyson is the worst I have ever encountered. Customers do not feel cared for or listened to. The lack of email or address for complaints is both in breach of accessibility reasons and only adds further distress to customers. Shame on you Dyson. I will never purchase from you again.

icon

Best answer by Jack 20 May 2024, 17:06

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @DRFLT,

Welcome to the Dyson Community - I’m sorry to hear about your experience so far.

I’ve reached out directly to take some additional details, and I’ll look forward to hearing from you.

Hello @DRFLT, have you had any success yet? I have virtually the same issue as & experience. Thinking of trading standards or small claims court for my next step can 

Hello, Aredding, since posting my complaint, and phone calls 2-3 times a day to Dyson on 13, 16 and 20 May, finally the issue was escalated and someone from Dyson called me yesterday to arrange for the hoover to be replaced. They said they will investigate the customer service and DPD delivery issue. I am hoping that this is now resolved.

I recommend posting your complaint in detail too (without providing your own private details). I had a response from Dyson community team within 24 hours of my post. If that does not work, citizens advice have a good consumer advice service.

Your lucky. My complaint didn’t make it onto this forum. Almost four months contacting every customer service in Dyson and no one will help me. Case no 38165045

Babs

OMG thank you so much Jack for sorting this out. Thank Pat for me too. 
Babs

@Jack is this how Dyson now expects customers to raise complaints?  There seems to be a complete lack of any formal process to complain.  The quality of the overseas “teams” is questionable.  I get it, it's cheaper, but they seem to be the only way to field issues.  And then, they don't follow up, (this has been my experience too).  Quite sad really when you consider how good Dyson customer service used to be.