Battery Life | Dyson Community
Question

Battery Life

• 17 March 2024
  • 2 replies

• Rookie Member
  • 1 reply

Hi

Barely two months ago I bought a new battery for my hand held vacuum. The original one had lasted years and I assumed the replacement battery would also 

The new battery now only runs for a few minutes before needing to be recharged. When I contacted the helpline I was basically told,  Tough, we don’t guarantee batteries and you’ll have to pay another £65 for a new one   Not those actual words of course but the same message  

Really angry that Dyson thinks this is acceptable. I am on a fixed income and don’t have a spare £65 lying around!!  Especially as there is no guarantee that another battery will behave in the same way 

Anyone else had this problem?  Did you get it resolved?

thanks

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @SJI,

Thanks for letting us know about this. A battery only lasting two months would be extremely unusual - can I double check if you purchased the battery from Dyson, or did you order from a third party retailer? 

Thanks for your reply. The replacement was purchased from Dyson. Order number 1505435995