Brand new V15 won't charge at all | Dyson Community
Solved

Brand new V15 won't charge at all

• 27 October 2022
  • 4 replies

I just unpacked a brand new V15. When pluggin in the battery to charge the blue LED’s lid up to begin with, but after checking back a few minutes after they were not lid up anymore and there is no power on the battery. The wall plug is not the issue either, i’ve tested that. Could i have received a faulty battery? Is this common?

icon

Best answer by GraceWood 27 October 2022, 16:56

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Heya @kvimzon 

You’re not charging it through one of the dyson docks area you? If you are, check the connection! 

We had a nightmare a few years back. We couldn’t get the cordless to charge, had a new battery sent, still refused to work. Dyson agents ran an afterhours video called with my husband and me, it turned out the charging cable wasn’t pushed through the dock far enough. Reconnected and it was working like magic. 

Grace.

Hi 

I’ve not heard of a duff battery. 

If I remember, ours didn’t have a full charge out of the box. Took the better part of an afternoon to fully charge before we could use it. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi

Due to shipping regulations, lithium-ion cells and batteries shipped by themselves must be shipped at a state of charge not exceeding 30% of their rated capacity.

Subsequent, firms ask that the initial charge exceeds that of four hours. 

David. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @kvimzon,

We regret hearing of the issue with your new Dyson V15 cordless vacuum.  If you’re still experiencing an issue, after trying the suggestions above, please get in touch via our local WhatsApp channel, where one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps.  To do this, simply click on our Guides and Manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and start a WhatsApp conversation.

We truly appreciate your support of Dyson and thank you for your time!

Tia