Can't get Dyson to honor their promises | Dyson Community

Can't get Dyson to honor their promises

• 7 March 2024
  • 3 replies

I’ve tried to post this but don’t think it’s being posted because it isn’t reflecting well on Dyson. I have always been a loyal customer.  I have a V6, V10 and V15 detect.  I bought a Dyson stick for my oldest son and now that my youngest is on his own, I bought him one for Christmas (2023).  Shortly after Christmas they had an ice storm and the power went out for a week.  When it came back on his vacuum would no longer charge.  He sought out Dyson support online and using the chat box was told, after investigating, they would send a new battery. Never happened.  Then he went back online and used the text option.  Again was told they would send a new battery.  Never happened.  Then I called on Feb. 8, 2024 and actually got a person who went through the process concluding once again it was the battery and said they would send a new one.  Never happened.  The person disconnected before I could ask his name, get a confirmation number or ask for an email confirmation.

So I am currently feeling that “Dyson support” is actually a scam I’m so disappointed in this company and would never buy directly from them again.  I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions about how to get Dyson to actually honor their commitments? I hate having to spend the money to replace an expensive battery for a machine supposedly under warranty until 11/23/2025.  I feel like just putting all the pieces in a box and mailing it back to them certified mail and telling them to shove it.

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

3 replies

Email them and document it, save everything in case you need to file a BB claim. I am on month 5 of going back and forth with them and the email has been the best way I can track it. They are having major issues with their customer support, it is even posted on their website. I am not sure what they changed but it has gotten so bad it is ruining their reputation. Make sure they supply an exchange order number and then send a shipping label, you may need to send the whole unit back because they have not had batteries for the slim for over a year, I have been trying to order one daily for a year and also watching ebay for one. My bin on our Gen 5 broke and it took 5 months to get the number and label, they will not even let me just buy the part. I am afraid to ship it just because it took so long to get here. If you have a dyson service center near you, you may be better off calling to see if they can help you. If you do not get results in a few days I would file a BBB complaint as this seems to get them moving. But if you go to the Dyson site and click support you will see a post they put up in regard to their issues. 

Thank you. I wanted to email or write but couldn’t find any address. Do you have the email address (or physical). I’m sorry to hear you've had so much trouble. Looks like mine might just be beginning! Hope yours gets resolved soon!

Thank you. I wanted to email or write but couldn’t find any address. Do you have the email address (or physical). I’m sorry to hear you've had so much trouble. Looks like mine might just be beginning! Hope yours gets resolved soon!

You may need to go through the website but this is the email I have been replying to, I initially went through the site though and gave my serial number and other information. It takes a few days to get a reply sometimes but don’t wait any longer than this. 

Email I sent to:

Questions.US@dyson.com