Cordless Battery cross-compatibility chart? | Dyson Community
Solved

Cordless Battery cross-compatibility chart?

• 10 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi I have purchased the Dyson outsize absolute cordless vacuum cleaner. It has features of the V11 and V15. I am also considering buying a lightweight Dyson but only if I can use the batteries that I already own . I am struggling to see any "bare" cordless devices that may be cross compatible with the same battery. In general why don't Dyson make cross compatible devices that use the same battery? Surely this would be better for the environment and save a lot of money for customers? The practice is quite common when purchasing power tools which are cross compatible with devices from the same brand. ("Bare" unit).

icon

Best answer by Dyson Community Moderator 11 March 2023, 23:14

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hey @Mountgrove 

This is a really great question. Generally speaking, until some of the more recent models have been released, there was one battery for each cord-free variant. For example, a V6 battery for V6 models, V7 battery for V7 models, etc. You can’t mix those or use them on a different model. I’ll also be quite honest and let you know that prior to today, I had not even noticed that on our US website, for example, this replacement battery is compatible with Dyson V11™, Dyson Outsize, or V15 Detect™ vacuums. Also, prior to some V11 models, our cord-free batteries attached to their respective machines via tiny screws. They weren’t able to be quickly or easily swapped out, like our new clickable batteries are. I hope that this is somewhat helpful! 

Best wishes,