Cordless V10 Animal - Pet hair stuck in stick | Suggestions? | Dyson Community

Cordless V10 Animal - Pet hair stuck in stick | Suggestions?

• 1 February 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi all -- new member here!

I recently purchased the V10 cordless animal vacuum and it typically works really well, but I keep getting clumps of dog hair caught in the stick -- the hair never makes it to the bin, which means I have to keep unclogging the stick. It’s becoming quite annoying. Has anyone had this issue? Ideas on how to keep it from happening?

Thanks!

Kristen

(Moderation Edit - Tags Added/Category Updated) 

5 replies

@Kristen927 Hair usually gets caught up around the brush. Never in the stick/wand. You could give their Hair Screw Tool a go. I keep meaning to order it but never get around to actually doing it.

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Kristen927, and welcome to the Dyson Community!

This is definitely an unusual issue. As a hollow tube, there shouldn’t be anything in the inside wand for hair to adhere to - unless there’s a trapped object in there which is snagging the hair, or some sort of substance inside the wand which the hair is sticking to (sap from Christmas tree pine needles for example!)

You can use something like a garden cane to dislodge any blockages from the wand, but obviously this isn’t something you should be having to deal with regularly. Can you see any obstructions in the wand which could be causing this? If you could share some photos of the wand and the blockage if it occurs again, this would help us diagnose the cause and fix it for you.

@Jack C there is nothing clogging the stick. The dog hair was just balling up and getting stuck. Now it seems the vacuum isn’t even sucking up the hair. It’s just balling it up onto the rug. There is literally nothing going up into the stick or the canister. The filter light also keeps coming on which makes no sense. I’ve had the vacuum for a couple of weeks and washed the filter twice. For the price of this vacuum, I expected it to actually work! 😡

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @Kristen927 

We want to be sure your V10 is working as intended. Are you sure the filter light is coming on, and the not the blockage alert which resembles a drain pipe icon? If it is indeed the filter light, it would also be useful to know if the light is flashing, or remains solid. If the filter light is on and flashing, it’s a simple fix of just refitting the filter. It does sound like you may have an obstruction some place within your unit. 

You can find a full playlist of support videos for your V10 on our YouTube channel.

If you need further support after this, please get in touch via our WhatsApp channel and one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and select ‘Start a WhatsApp conversation’.

If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page.