Cordless V10 - Blockage problem | Dyson Community
Solved

Cordless V10 - Blockage problem

• 24 December 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi there,

I have a V10 and despite changing filter cleaning every part of the machine it still indicates a blockage which means it can’t be used. I am at a loss as to what more I can do to remedy the problem.

(Edited by moderator – Tags added) 

icon

Best answer by Dyson Community Moderator 27 December 2022, 16:26

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

2 replies

Hey @martinh41 

I’ve found tgis light can sometimes be on if the filter has a blockage. Have you tried washing it? The filter that is, not the entire cleaner 🤣! 

Jay. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hey @martinh41 

Often times, when I am troubleshooting the V10 with someone, my first questions are: is the machine pulsing with the trigger pulled? And, when you’re looking at the display lights, are you seeing the filter indicator light OR the blockage indicator light (the one that looks similar to a drain pipe)?

The best place to begin troubleshooting is right here on our website. Perhaps the most common problem area I have seen on the V10’s is the cyclone area. With your wand and bin removed you can have a look into the inlet to see if there is a blockage. You can also check the smaller opening on the cyclone which is another common area of blockages. Tapping your cyclone gently on the side of a trash bin can help to remove debris trapped on the inside. I love using my brush tool to brush away dirt trapped on the outer mesh of the cyclone as well.

If you need further support after this, please get in touch via our WhatsApp channel and one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and select ‘Start a WhatsApp conversation’.

If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page.