Cordless V10 - Cyclone stopping/starting issue - Help! | Dyson Community
Solved

Cordless V10 - Cyclone stopping/starting issue - Help!

• 16 February 2023
  • 9 replies

My v10 stopped working and only giving me one pulse before giving up! So as I've done many times cleaned the filter checked for blockages. Still the same problem so I put a new filter into the machine but no, still not working. So this morning I completely stripped the machine down to the motor and cleaned everything with a rag and the air compressor, put it all back together and still the same issue! When I put my hand over the bin and seal where the wand would go it fires up!! I'm at a loss and hope anyone has any ideas to help, cheers nige.

icon

Best answer by Dyson Community Moderator 18 February 2023, 18:59

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hey @Nige34 

Thank you for your post. We’re sorry to hear that your V10 is giving you a fit! When you hold the trigger and keep it held down for 10 seconds, do you see either the filter or blockage light (which looks somewhat like a drain pipe) icons illuminated? If neither are lit and you hear that one pulse, it does still seem like an airflow issue. You did mention that when you place your hand over the bin inlet where the wand would go, the unit works. If you omit the wand and attach a tool there, does the pulsing persist?

If you wanted to head directly to our online support, simple use our Guides and manuals link. Then select your machine from the options available and navigate through to the ‘Troubleshooting’ page. Here you will find a host of selectable options designed to support you and your machine. If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page.

Hi thanks for your timely response. When I hold the trigger down for 10 seconds I do not see the filter or blockage light. If I put an attachment tool on the unit it still pulses once. Thanks again for the response.

Hi @Nige34

Pulsing usually means a blockage or a dirty filter. Have you given the My cordless vacuum cleaner is making a pulsing noise, what does this mean? post a read?! 

Kirby. 

Hi kirby thanks for the suggestion but the machine is spotless internally and I have tried 2 brand new filters! Unless I've got a couple of dodgy filters.

I’ve not known the V10 to pulses where there’s not an obstruction to the airflow. In fact I see a little light on the battery telling me this is the case.
Thinking outside of the box, were the filters genuine? As purchased directly at Dyson? If not, they could be of inferior material, that’s too dense for the air to pass freely.

My only other thought is the little inlet hole at the top of the cyclone. When pushing the plastic bin down, as to empty it, you’ll see an inlet for the dirt. Check that for blockage maybe? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

The cyclone is usually the most overlooked spot on the machine, just based on my own experience with troubleshooting with our owners. Have a look at this troubleshooting video for locating and removing blockages. You may have already gone through most or all of those steps, but we don’t want to rule anything out. 

If you need further support after this, please get in touch via our WhatsApp channel and one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and select ‘Start a WhatsApp conversation’.

If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page.

Best wishes,

Hi I just wanted to update this post and put a close to it. After contacting dyson customer support they were fantastic an diagnosed the problem within a minute, they said it was the motor and recomended I purchase a new motor that comes with the main body for £60 which is what I did! Problem solved. Thanks for all your suggestions. (They said it wasn't pulsing but just starting and stopping)

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi I just wanted to update this post and put a close to it. After contacting dyson customer support they were fantastic an diagnosed the problem within a minute, they said it was the motor and recomended I purchase a new motor that comes with the main body for £60 which is what I did! Problem solved. Thanks for all your suggestions. (They said it wasn't pulsing but just starting and stopping)

Hi @Nige34 

Thanks for sharing an outcome - it’s great to hear the team were able to diagnose the problem.

I’ve removed the reference to ‘pulsing’ in the title and replaced it with ‘stopping/starting’. 

Stuart 😀

We had this - filter light was flashing. Washed and thoroughly dried the filter but that didn’t fix it. Bought replacement filter and that didn’t fix it.

THEN noticed a Dorito Crisp wedged into the suction pipe - not enough to stop it picking things up, but just enough to throw the suction out that the cyclone sensed it. We cleared that blockage and all was good ! 

I didn’t notice them saying that it the support guide but may have missed it. Hope this helps