Cordless V11 outsize bin release ejector not working due to misalignment | Dyson Community
Solved

Cordless V11 outsize bin release ejector not working due to misalignment

• 20 January 2023
  • 2 replies

Hello, 

I am experiencing a problem to empty the bin of the V11 outsize. I have followed already shared tips to check if it is stuck. Upon closer inspection, it looks like the slider isn't aligned properly and this is why I think, the release button fails to move. The hoover is working fine but now cannot empty bin and don’t want to force it. Would you haven suggestions? Did anyone else experienced the same issue? Any tips would be welcome. 

(Moderation Edit - Tags Added)

icon

Best answer by Stuart 23 January 2023, 11:08

View original

2 replies

Hey @Ingrida 

This isn’t something I’ve come across. Quick search on YouTube and there’s a few videos where others have. Heres the top video showing how to fix it. 

https://youtu.be/7PPR03QOGKk

Kirby. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Ingrida

This isn’t something I've directly come across either. However, it does look like other may have. 

If you’ve been unable to find a resolution through the video @Kibbleb provided, may I suggest watching Dyson’s own video on emptying and removing the clear plastic bin:

How to empty and clean the clear bin on your Dyson V11™ cordless vacuum. This video is hosted on this Youtube channel, where you’ll also find further support on this subject and more. 

As a side note, if you are able to release the bin past a certain point, a red plastic leaver with an arrow will become visible. Depressing this, should allow the machine to slide free. 

If you are still struggling, our helpline experts would be more than happy to talk this through with you. To speak to one of the team, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and start a WhatsApp conversation.

Thanks, 

Stuart