Cordless V15 Laser Head - Switch Missing. Is this normal? | Dyson Community
Solved

Cordless V15 Laser Head - Switch Missing. Is this normal?

• 31 March 2023
  • 2 replies

Hello, i have got V15 detect absolute . But it seems strange to me, how the laser cleaner head looks like. There is no “on/off” switch in it. Is it ok?

(Moderation Edit - Title Updated, Tags Added)

icon

Best answer by Jack 31 March 2023, 13:06

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @rahul2909, I can reassure you that this is completely normal! User research showed that Dyson owners love the illumination feature, and always want it on when cleaning. The switch just added a layer of complexity that wasn't needed – so we removed it. Instead of the original laser light, the Fluffy Optic™ cleaner head uses newer Dyson technology to deliver a much brighter and stronger illumination. You should be able to see twice the particles illuminated, with longer range.

Hi @rahul2909, I can reassure you that this is completely normal! User research showed that Dyson owners love the illumination feature, and always want it on when cleaning. The switch just added a layer of complexity that wasn't needed – so we removed it. Instead of the original laser light, the Fluffy Optic™ cleaner head uses newer Dyson technology to deliver a much brighter and stronger illumination. You should be able to see twice the particles illuminated, with longer range.

Does the regular “V15 Detect” model have this new Fluffy Optic cleaner head as well, or is it just the “V15 Detect Absolute” model? (I’m in the US.)