cordless V7 has no suction | Dyson Community
Skip to main content
Solved

cordless V7 has no suction

• 12 May 2023
  • 5 replies

Cordless V7 has no suction, power head works but does not pick anything up. Other tools do not work, vacuum does not do anything without powerhead attached directly or with wand & powered attached. So bad suction motor

This inactive topic has now been automatically closed. For help or advice, please create a new topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 5

Try My cordless vacuum cleaner is making a pulsing noise, what does this mean?. Same principle apply for no suction. Airways restriction, faulty/dirty filter etc, If in doubt, visit their online help page and run through the onscreen diagnostics - this will save you a call waiting for the CS team to figure it out. 

Well it was cleaned thoroughly so that shouldn't be the problem. Battery is newer and fully charged or powered would not work.  Might be time to disassemble it deeper.

Well it was cleaned thoroughly so that shouldn't be the problem. Battery is newer and fully charged or powered would not work.  Might be time to disassemble it deeper.

Pulsing equals blockage. No pulsing, no suction, without cutting out. New to me. The air could be escaping through the filter top, you could have a partially blockage in the opening. A full disassemble and clean should help. 

Never pulsed, no power dead. Took it further apart. Tried to turn motor. Very stiff hardly budged. Kept trying it moved maybe 1/4", kept trying attached battery. It tried to move! Kept at it, working batter than it has since new. Go figure.

Great news! If that failed, my last suggestion would be to replace the handle component! Glad it worked out!