Dented filter on a brand new Dyson gen5detect | Dyson Community
Skip to main content

Hi

I purchased a brand new Dyson 05.08.2024, Ihve been using it for about two months. I’ve cleared the dust bit no more than 5-6 timess, but this time I noticed several dents inside it.. I am not sure if it’s from the factory, but I haven’t touched it in any way..

I have repeatedly tried to contact Dyson over the phone on another case prior to this, but I usually wait one of two hours on the phone and nothing happens. It’s increasingly hard to get a hold on Dyson. I am gonna try to contact them again tomorrow about this, and hope I get in touch with them more easily now..

But what do I do about this problem? Is this something I can easily fix myself? 

Unfortunately the mesh part is really easy to bent. I’ve never seen a vacuum which came already dented from factory.

it looks like it got hit by something. It doesn’t look like this will affect its performance, seems just cosmetically damaged.

Unfortunately the mesh part is really easy to bent. I’ve never seen a vacuum which came already dented from factory.

it looks like it got hit by something. It doesn’t look like this will affect its performance, seems just cosmetically damaged.

I see what you’re saying, but a bent mesh is a compromised mesh. It will deform over time, since it has already got weak-points. I’m with support now, and they are really not customer friendly. They admitted that it could have been damaged through factory or under transport, but they refuse to help because they claim it doesn’t impact it’s suction ability.

As you‘ve already mentioned that you could have caused the dents and it really bothers you, you could unscrew the mesh part and try to remove its dents.

As you‘ve already mentioned that you could have caused the dents and it really bothers you, you could unscrew the mesh part and try to remove its dents.

I actually said the complete opposite. But thanks for the advice, though. 

Support turned after a few hours proceeded with sending me a new one. So I'm good, personally 

Sorry, I misread your first post. But glad, it got solved for you.