Does anyone know which Dyson I own? Pictures included. | Dyson Community
Solved

Does anyone know which Dyson I own? Pictures included.

• 2 February 2023
  • 8 replies

Hi!

Can anyone tell me which Dyson I own? I already checked the post in here and guess it is one of Generation 2 cordless? Can anyone confirm?

And can anyone tell me which one exactly?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Stuart 3 February 2023, 14:24

View original

8 replies

Hi there @Kathe2022 

We’d be happy to help finding the correct model of your machine. 

Kindly provide an image of the base of the battery so we can confirm which model Dyson you have. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi!

Can anyone tell me which Dyson I own? I already checked the post in here and guess it is one of Generation 2 cordless? Can anyone confirm?

And can anyone tell me which one exactly?

Thanks!

V6. Maybe V7. Check the serial on their website. It will tell you what model it is. 

Hi Courtney and Samwise,

Thanks a lot for your replies. Acutally I have an excange batterie in place so I can't take a picture to find out the serial number…

I hoped on the expertise in this Community to find out via pictures. We're getting close as Samwise says V6 or V7 - thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

@Kathe2022 I accidently stumbled onto this post:

Cordless - Generation 2

All DC 58, DC59, V6, V7 and V8 products are members of our Cordless - Generation 2 machines. These are identified by the coned shaped filter, which is stored and removed from the top of the machine’s cyclone. Later version of this generation also had a HEPA filter at the rear of the machine.

This generation is made up of a mixture of Handheld and Stick vacuums.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Kathe2022 @samwise 

Great to see a health discussion taking place! Samwise is right. This is one of our generation 2 Cordless machines. Most of these models had their serial code printed on a label/sticker, which can be found behind the clear bin. I’ve attached an image for reference. 

View the following video for instructions on how to remove the clear bin on this model.

I hope this helps. 

Stuart.

Thanks for all your helpful answers. 

No luck finding the serial number 😐

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Thanks for all your helpful answers. 

No luck finding the serial number 😐

Is there any writing on the bottom of the battery!? 

I have matched picture on internet. Dc59/v6 model style did not provide red handle at top. I hope it is v7/v8.