Dyson Cylcone V10 animal extra motorhead broke | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson Cylcone V10 animal extra motorhead broke

• 2 November 2023
  • 4 replies

My Dyson Cyclone V10 animal extra vaccum cleaner’s motorhead broke on the joint. Exactly like other users’ photos and I was wondering if I could just order the joint not the whole motorhead.

icon

Best answer by Jack 3 November 2023, 16:51

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @sahar,

Thanks for letting us know about this - I’m sorry your Dyson Cyclone V10™ vacuum’s cleaner head has broken in this way. We do put a lot of focus on durability testing to help minimise the risk of breakages in use, as you can see here:

Although we do have some parts of the Direct Drive cleaner head available separately - including the brush bar, end cap and V-ball wheel etc - we don't have the neck component available to offer as a spare as it’s not a part we would ask owners to install themselves.  

You can order a replacement Direct Drive cleaner head from Dyson.com. If you’d like to speak with our experts first to check if your machine is still within its free 2-year warranty period, you can also reach out to us via the following contact channels.

Hi Jack, Thank you for your reply. I really appreciate the help.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @sahar,

Thanks for the update - if you haven’t paid for a replacement cleaner head during your previous conversations with Dyson Customer Care, it sounds like one may have been ordered for you. On the Dyson Community we don’t have access to customer records, so I’m not able to verify this.

As you’re already in contact with Dyson Customer Care, we’d encourage you to continue this conversation with them directly. The quickest way of getting through is via live chat to us via dyson.co.uk - once you’ve opened the Dyson Digital Assistant you’ll be able to click the agent icon in the bottom left of the chat window to start a Live Chat session with one of our Experts.

I have a powered motor head assembly that's brand new it's for a model 34 I believe. Which I think is the motor head model but not sure what else it fits.  I don't have a picture on my phone, not sure how far you are from Phoenix AZ area. You can post another message here and we'll see what we can do if it works for you. I know there's nobody in my area that needed this since I had it posted for sale on Offer up for a year and it had no interest, I have kept it since it's brand new and I may be able to use some of the parts as I do repair vacuums. So far I've seen nothing similar in other Dyson's that need repair.