Dyson Micro 1.5kg™ vacuum and Tangle Free Turbine Tool compatibility - Help! | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson Micro 1.5kg™ vacuum and Tangle Free Turbine Tool compatibility - Help!

Userlevel 1

OH YES!

You already know what I'm about to ask based on the title of the post :(

Saw the attachment and didn't think bought it for my Dyson 1.5kg from the dyson site... Now I see it doesn't fit and was meant for other models :(

My only ray of hope is some sort of adapter! Do you know what/if one will fit?

Please say yes, it's easy, just buy XYZ...!!! !!

On another note:

The reason i was so trigger-happy was because the Mini motorized tool and the default Micro Fluffy™ cleaner head just doesn't get the dog hair off floor/carpet and gets blocked fast!

Shiba inu hair !

After some google-fu i’ve noticed the 1.5 kg also known as the micro has different attachment points.. now im worried

icon

Best answer by Jack 18 May 2023, 13:46

View original

4 replies

Alright! Yeah, they produce various attachments for the multiple models they have on sale. The majority of these are universal These are the one with the red release tab. I don’t think this includes the Micro model however. This post does a better job at explaining it than I can. Dyson Cordless vacuums: Understanding the tools and accessories | Dyson Community.

If you wanted to view the parts compatible with the micro, give this webpage a look https://www.dyson.co.uk/spare-parts/vacuum-cleaners/cordless/micro.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Tmouse,

Hate to be the bearer of bad news on this one, but the Tangle-free Turbine tool has been engineered to work with the performance characteristics of Dyson corded vacuums, rather than cord-free models like the Dyson Micro 1.5kg™ vacuum. It will attach to certain Dyson cord-free models which share the same connection design, but the electrically-powered Mini motorised head will offer more consistent performance on upholstery, stair carpeting and inside the car.

Also as you’ve spotted, due to the Dyson Micro 1.5kg™ vacuum’s ultra-compact design, the connections are different sizes, so the Tangle-free Turbine tool isn’t able to physically attach to the vacuum. We don’t offer any kind of adaptor to resolve this as the tool wasn’t intended for use with this machine.

Sorry I can’t bring you better news here!

Jack

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Take advantage of the returns policy. Return and refund. 

Userlevel 1

Yeah, luckily I ordered it through Dyson official site. I contacted them Friday, and they sent over a paper for return!

10/10 but still I need to be more careful 😁